PDA

View Full Version : Doctors that practice Schroth Method?

Abnana
7th March 2009, 10:17 PM
Can anyone give me the name and email address of any doctors they know practice the Scroth method, or any other non surgical methods??

tonibunny
8th March 2009, 02:23 PM
Hi Abnana, welcome to SSO :welcome2:

I'm afraid I don't know of any actual doctors who prescribe nonsurgical methods other than bracing. Usually these methods are offered by physiotherapists and alternative therapists. Actually, there is one - Hans Weiss, who runs the German Schroth clinic, is a medically qualified doctor (he's also the grandson of the lady who devised the Schroth method).

There are dedicated Schroth clinics in Germany and Spain, and also various independent physiotherapists around the world who just teach the exercises. If you follow the full Schroth programme it prescribes strict custom-made bracing where necessary.

Whatever treatment option you choose, whether "traditional" or "alternative", I'd recommend that you make sure you find out if there are independent scientific studies to demonstrate the efficacy and safety of the treatment, that you check the qualifications of the person treating you, and that you are also monitored by a medically qualified scoliosis consultant to keep an eye on things :)

Good luck!

Toni xx

GillyG
8th March 2009, 02:57 PM
Well, I was going to say exactly the same as Toni, so instead I'll just say :welcome2: and good luck :)

mark
8th March 2009, 08:33 PM
Which ever method you choose i would strongly recommend that you stay on the list of a traditional scoliosis surgeon to monitor the curve. This will ensure that the curve is monitored and any change in treatment can be adjusted without any undue delay

good luck

Sandman77
15th March 2009, 09:51 PM
Dr. Weiss does no longer run any clinic related to Schroth...

hes been replaced.

mark
16th March 2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the info William, do you know why he has been replaced

cheers

mark