PDA

View Full Version : back from surgeon

lynns
26th October 2004, 01:56 PM
well today is the day :D im in one way happy to see him and in the other way im scared stiff. :shock: i and my hubby hope this guy can understand what im going through and doesnt treat me like it all in my head. :thwack: i could not haddle another turn down. im having horrible tremors today and i feel like i could crumble
in the wind. my worry is that he will send me home with no resalution. im afraid he will just drug me up on more meds than to fix the problem. my hubby said to go in and let them know that im tired of walking and living out of a pill bottle, and that i wont help not drugs. :drunk: i hope everyone out here is doing good and i hope you get the help you deserve. my appointment is at 2 pm and i will post when get back if good or bad. man im tired. i got to get some coffee and wake up.
be back soon.
:bestwishes:

Kaja
26th October 2004, 03:26 PM
Ooh! GOOD LUCK :D I hope you get what you wish for!

sins
26th October 2004, 03:34 PM
best of luck Lynn.I can understand how nervous you are, but hopefully he'll realise that you have more pain than you can cope with.We'll be thinking of you
Sins

BlueIce
26th October 2004, 03:40 PM
Very good luck!! I hope you'll get what you want. Be back soon to keep us updated! I'll be thinking of you

jfkimberly
26th October 2004, 04:27 PM
Good luck Lynns! I hope your doctor offers you hope of some real treatment, rather than just medicating you more. I look forward to hearing your report later today.

Amazed Jean
26th October 2004, 05:18 PM
Good Luck Lynns.

BarmyArmy
26th October 2004, 11:04 PM
Oh I hope it went well :???: Fingers crossed Lynns :-)

lynns
26th October 2004, 11:28 PM
well! im back :clap: the doctor did the normal rotine of checking me out and sent me for 2 more x-rays :yawn: and then after 2 hours came in and said i need surgery on the cervical. i asked him if we were going to decompress it and thats a BIG NO! so fusion is the only way. hes taking out c6-c7 vertebraes out and replacing it with one fake vertebrae. with a bone graft from hip. metal plates,screws. fushion. :nutter: i pretty much zoned out when he said all this because i was trying to grasp what he said. i mean i new it was probly the only solution but i guess it still got me. now for the next 3 weeks i have to strenghthen my back 3 times a week until surgery. as for the spondy and ddd in the thoracic he says i will have to deal with it untill it gets to bad. :-o so i have to deal with this pain! the bad thing is i have my appointment the day after thanksgiving to discuss the surgery and the 29 of november i have surgery. he also said the cuff wont come off for 6 weeks, and it will take 9weeks or longer to heal since i was a smoker. :cry: so now xmas is ruined because of this and thanksgiving will be to nervous because of the following monday surgery. i tell you this is one horrible holiday season. also i have to go get dye put in me this thursday and he said i will be sick from it and my sons awards are this friday, so thats ruined. does anyone ever had the dye put in them and how did they feel after words?

BarmyArmy
26th October 2004, 11:33 PM
Aww I'm sorry you didn't get better news :squeeze: Though it's good that they can do something to help you it's just a pity that it's not so easy and quick to sort out.

I hope you'll be okay, here have another gentle hug :squeeze:

BlueIce
27th October 2004, 05:46 PM
so your having surgery within a good month? That's very quick. Don't worry about your Christmas, it won't be as bad as you imagine. After almost a month of surgery you're really quite capable of having a nice time with family/friends.
If you need support, we're here for you! :hug:

Blair
27th October 2004, 06:07 PM
Yup, dont sweat it too much- I had my surgery 10 days before Christmas (fusing T2 to L1) and I was up and around enough to do all the normal holiday stuff with my family.

((((BIG HUGS))))))

Amazed Jean
27th October 2004, 07:03 PM
And if you're not up for Christmas on the actual day have it before or after. It really doesn't matter whenyou celebrate it. Your health is what matters.

Becky
27th October 2004, 07:21 PM
id love to have ppl waiting on me hand and foot on christmas day! but like amazed said, its your health that matters, there are plenty more thanksgivings and christmas'!!!

Kayla
27th October 2004, 07:39 PM
I know halloween isnt the most important holiday or anything near Christmas but I was in the hospital for halloween and it was still fun

HUGGS

Sarah
31st October 2004, 03:14 PM
Hope it goes, or went well :-)

Abbi
1st November 2004, 08:43 PM
sorri i am so late with this....havent been on SSO in a while....due to the fact i was in London (it rocked)
so how'd it go...I hope it went well and u got the answers you were lookin for

concernedfriend
10th November 2004, 05:41 AM
Oh I really hope it went well. You deserve to feel better and he should see that. :squeeze: *sending warm and fuzzy vibes to you*