PDA

View Full Version : sally's home its me

sally333
10th October 2008, 11:54 PM
So I am finnaly home. Thanks all for the good get well messages. Hope everyone is doing ok. I will be back later in a few days. It is really hard to be up as of now. So hope everyone is doing ok.

GillyG
11th October 2008, 12:58 AM
Take it easy Sally, good to have you back :D Look forward to hearing all about things once you feel up to it. :squeeze: :flowers:

sins
11th October 2008, 01:52 AM
:wback:

It's good to hear from you again sally.Good luck with the
recovery and I'm looking forward to hearing all about the op as soon as you feel better. Look after yourself and get well soon.
Sins

kidz taxi
11th October 2008, 01:19 PM
Glad to hear your home ,take care and get plenty of rest:squeeze:

sally333
11th October 2008, 03:36 PM
It is hard for me to move about for now therefore I am telling my friend what to write. Jenny can only stay untill Sunday night as she has a family of her own and kids to tend to. It has been nice having some one stay at my house while I was gone this time and nice she will be able to stay a few days now that I am home.
Having this surgery came mighty fast as I have been waiting for so long for it to happen. The surgery it self was not pleasant but already having a few I sort of new what I was in for. I was called by the doctor's staff on the first and asked if I could or would be willing to have this done on the second. I was glad I no longer had to think about it. I had to run to the hospital on the first to have blood work done and a physical then the next day I had to be there by five thirty in the mourning. I was pretty nervous. But by six that night I was done and in the neuro intensive care. The pain was just like when I had the kyphosis surgery done, a little less as they didn't have to go threw my chest again.
It was recomened once again that I go to a rehab unit but this I just can not do. The care at this hospital is very bad. The doctors are nice it is the nursing staff that doesn't want to do there jobs. It is so sad that the doctors are not there when these nursess act up and of course they will denie everything that will be said about them. Every time I rang for some pain medication one nurse would come storming in and say well I am going to give you some but trust me it is not much. They also never want to help walk people to the bathroom,help them get dressed and so much more. When I am feeling better I will turn them into the state this time and for the last to times as I have written everything done from the past surgries.
I am fused and rodded from C/4 all the way to L2. Of course I was already fused from T2 to L2. What they did was cut the tips off my old rods at T2/then with connector pieces added to rods to them and extended them up past my most recent surgery at C5/C6 and screwed them into C4. This I believe was another ten screws added and more fusions.
I am in a hard neck brace and another large TLSO brace to keep it all straigt and safe. With just the one vertabra at T1 slipping in the accident I actually had another kyphosis form at the neck area of 50 degrees. Now this is straight again so I am happy.
It is true however unless someone has gone threw kyphosis surgery there is no way to describe the amount of pain a person has to go threw. There is no way to explain the recovery that it takes.
Well that is it for now.
Hope all is well for everyone and have a great day.

twizzlegirl
11th October 2008, 04:00 PM
glad to hear you're back at home :-)
take it easy, hope you have a good recovery.
:flowers: xxx

madmclw
11th October 2008, 08:48 PM
I'm really glad to hear you're home and doing ok, even if your treatment in the hospital was apalling. Concentrate on making yourself better before you get onto the hospital about it though, we dont want you making yourself ill over it. Look after yourself :squeeze:

crkcallie
12th October 2008, 10:53 PM
Good luck with the recuperation process. I hope it goes well. Glad to hear you're home. :)