PDA

View Full Version : Ooh look What I found tonight.

BarmyArmy
21st October 2004, 01:02 AM
I was just on the website for the movie mag that I buy and I found this (http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=16283) :D

I wasn't sure if this should have been posted in the common room or in the main section as it is scoliosis related. So mods feel free to shift it, if it's in the wrong place. :oops:

butterflylr
21st October 2004, 01:12 AM
That looks very interesting. I just might have to pick that one up!

Little~shedevil~dee
21st October 2004, 01:13 AM
it sounds good , i might have to buy a copie when it comes out
thanks for posting it barmy :niceone:

BarmyArmy
21st October 2004, 01:14 AM
I hope the film maker treats the subject matter seriously and doesn't patronise us. I have a feeling that we will all be buying this movie when it comes out.

Anyway if you haven't read Deenie, you should give it a go.

Amazed Jean
21st October 2004, 01:14 AM
I'm at the bookstore tomorrow morning. Thanks!

Marti
21st October 2004, 01:16 AM
If it's done well, I'm really excited. From all our contact with Ms. Blume back in March, it sounds like they're going to try to do it right.

Liv
21st October 2004, 07:35 AM
Finally some news about the Deenie movie! :niceone:

andrea
21st October 2004, 09:37 AM
That's a real coincidence. I told a new member of staff about Erin yesterday as we were talking about holidays and I couldn't say when I needed time off with Erin and felt I should explain why. When I mentioned scoliosis she asked if i'd read Deenie when I was younger as that's how she knew about scoliosis,and I'd never heard of it.

Sorry for the ramble, just thought it a strange coincidence that i go through life not hearing of this book and i hear of it twice in 2 days.

Kaja
21st October 2004, 10:11 AM
Oooh, that's cool! Thanks for posting Leona! :D

jfkimberly
22nd October 2004, 08:53 AM
Ooooh! Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Leona. Being a congenital case, I didn't really identify with the character much when I read it as a young girl, but I am still really looking forward to seeing the movie when it comes out.

Sarah
31st October 2004, 04:09 PM
I've only ever heard it mentioned on here and never even seen it, well not noticed it anywhere. Do they actually sell it in the UK?

BarmyArmy
31st October 2004, 11:56 PM
If you go into your local bookstore you should be able to order Deenie if they don't have any in stock. We used to keep it in my young adult section but it's not part of our core range anymore and I had to return it to the publishers :( . The company that I work for (Ottakar's) can get books within 5 working days if our wholesalers have some in stock. I'm not sure where you're from Sarah but you shouldn't have any problems getting a copy of the book.

jfkimberly
1st November 2004, 07:36 AM
Amazon has it... Click here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0440932599/qid=1099290070/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/103-6990830-9091063) to see a description and/or order it. I'm sure other booksellers have it, too. Or check out your local library. It's certain to be on the shelf there in the young adult section.

Sarahs Mum aka Chrissy
1st November 2004, 04:58 PM
My niece mentioned a book by Judy Blume that she read about 10 years ago - It was about a girl who had scoliosis.
I guess this must be "Deenie" she was talking about.
Thanks for letting us know - I expect it will make interesting reading, and I'll look out for the film too.

Becky
1st November 2004, 07:08 PM
i'll put it on my christmas list!