PDA

View Full Version : surgery - september 29th

Chad25
22nd September 2008, 01:59 AM
Hey guys,

I'm having surgery for kyphosis on September 29th. For those of you that have had surgery for kyphosis...how long did your surgery take and how long were you in the hospital?

Chad

Kentish
22nd September 2008, 06:20 PM
Good luck for your upcoming surgery. Mine took 12 hours in total for both stages although I think usually it doesnt take as long as that. I was in hospital for 7 days, well 9 days in total as I had 2 days of pre-op tests but 7 days from the surgery. I think most people are out within a week as long as there arent any complications. Again good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly for you :)

mark
22nd September 2008, 09:09 PM
It depends upon whether you are having single or two stage releases

It also depends upon your surgeon some like to get it out of the way in one go others prefer 2 depending upon your degree of curve and how difficult a surgery it is

My surgeon has opted for a 2 stage posterior and anterior release with me due to the nature and rigidity of the curve

I don't know how he proposes to do it yet but i anticipate being under the knife for over 9 hours

Your recovery depends upon a lot of factors including type of curve and degree, your age and fitness, where abouts the curve is and a lot of other factors

One thing this site has shown me is no two curves are the same and there's one hell of a lot of factors to consider

Welcome to sso

mark