PDA

View Full Version : Scared !!!!!!!!

Simon
18th September 2008, 10:59 PM
Hey guys and girls

I have my 6 mth check on mon to see if my operation and bone graft has taken am really crapping it the nearer it gets as am worried it wont of healed the top of my rods are poking out more and more each mth dont know if its cause am getting skinnier by the mth or what am only 8 stone now ....Please god make it go ok ......Whats the percentage rate of failed fusion or partial fusion ??

Dune50ml
18th September 2008, 11:45 PM
hi simon
im sure youll be fine my doc said in or round 90 - 95% success rate with normal scoliosis. Kyphosis is slight trickier but success rate is still very high. id be slightly more worried about your weight loss. Anyway best of luck for monday im sure everything will be fine.

Amazed Jean
18th September 2008, 11:55 PM
Hey come on Simon you have already been through the hard part. Hang in there. We will all think good thoughts for your check up.

alyssa
19th September 2008, 11:34 AM
Hey don't worry honey, more than likely you're spine is almost fused by now, Mr Lam told me it takes the spine 9 months to take full fusion mass. Jean's right, you've been through the surgery, so try not to worry yourself. You should go to your GP about your weight because it doesn't seem healthy what you are weighing, maybe they can put you on some supliments to help!?! *hugs* Will be thinking about you on Monday, I'm scared too as I have an appointment with my thoracic surgeon, so I'll deffo be thinking 'bout ya, love

Lyssa xx

GillyG
19th September 2008, 02:44 PM
Simon, my screws are more and more prominent as time goes on but my surgeon said it was due to muscle wastage around the spine as they no longer need to work to hold everything up! I'm sure you'll be fine, I'd be willing to bet you'd be having far more problems by now if you had failed to fuse properly. Sounds like I need to take both you and Mark for those cream buns though ... :D

gregory
19th September 2008, 04:25 PM
Best of luck for Monday ime sure u will have good news:):):)

twizzlegirl
19th September 2008, 06:20 PM
good luck, i really hope its good news, im sure it will be! try not to worry too much! xx

mark
19th September 2008, 09:17 PM
Chill bro, chill, you'll be fine, i'm loking out for you, i really am

you'll be cool' i'm sure

Cassie
19th September 2008, 11:14 PM
Hi Simon, you've been doing so well, I'm sure it will be good news.
Will be thinking of you and sending you loads of good vibes too. xx :gvibes:

cork_lass
20th September 2008, 11:45 AM
Simon the best of luck for Monday. I know you will be fine. I can give you some of the weight I'm trying to get rid of if you like? :bump:

sara1
21st September 2008, 08:33 PM
Hi simon, just wishing you the best of luck for tomorrow and i hope it turns out all good. :squeeze:

best wishes,

sara xx

mark
22nd September 2008, 08:13 PM
Yo dude, how did it go today

Simon
22nd September 2008, 09:07 PM
Hey

Had my appointment today had a xray taken and seen mr williamson he said that restrictions have been lifted but not to go and play heavy contact sport .
The bulgingon the top of my spine is not the rod poking out its a bit piece of bone thats somehow got on top of a screw head .
Got to go back in 6 mths for another xray the screws are more prominent as am so skinny and tiny ....so all good really going to start to work out get the gym no that i have the all clear ...

Thanks people

Abbi
22nd September 2008, 09:12 PM
Excellent news Simon! :D

mark
22nd September 2008, 09:13 PM
Nice one dude, its good to read your heeling well

GillyG
22nd September 2008, 09:15 PM
Great news Simon, so pleased you've had the all clear :D Just don't go and overdo things in the gym :p

madmclw
22nd September 2008, 09:29 PM
Ach, we always knew it was gonna be good news :) Well done mate :)

alyssa
22nd September 2008, 09:37 PM
Hey Simon, good going honey! Congrats on the good news =D xx

twizzlegirl
22nd September 2008, 10:25 PM
horray :D congratulations! xx

cork_lass
24th September 2008, 03:54 PM
Great news Simon, remember to take things nice and slowly in the gym and tell them about your op and get an instructor to help you decide a plan. We don't want anything to happen to you your too special to us. :)

mark
24th September 2008, 09:34 PM
Yes mate we don't want read about no broken robs

MOB
24th September 2008, 09:39 PM
Great news Simon dont overdo it at the Gym xx

Amazed Jean
24th September 2008, 09:52 PM
Simon, Great news. Do take it slow and easy!

Lucy7
1st October 2008, 08:40 PM
Yes Simon, take it easy 'cos you know I got all flustered and worried when I saw you sitting on that uncomfy bench in the Big Brother studio so if you overdo it in the gym I'll have a heart attack!! Or, I'll call Jean and we will BOTH fly over and force you to take it slow. Jean are you with me?!!!!

Seriously, I'm glad the appointment went well :niceone:
Take care,
Lucy

Simon
2nd October 2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks guys and thanks lucy ...............

Yes that bench was a bit uncomfortable i was twitting around trying to get comfy but it just wasnt happeningv x

mark
3rd October 2008, 08:14 PM
Slow down buddy, you ever heard of the saying lets learn to walk before we can run

Your so far ahead in your recovery please don't do anything to jepadise that mate

Eat more, get well slowly and we will go for that pint or ten in the not too distant future

Heal slowly and strong bro

We need you fit and well

mark