PDA

View Full Version : posting photos

caro
24th August 2008, 09:35 PM
is there any chance someone could help me with posting my SOS pics, please! Thank you!!

titch
24th August 2008, 11:53 PM
I think currently - until we get a gallery, which is being worked on, honest! ** - the easiest way to do it is to get an account with a free provider such as Flickr, Photobucket, or the one GillyG uses (the name eludes me at the moment). Photobucket and some others actually have a system where when you've uploaded the picture, it shows you a thumbnail image of it, with the codes for using it in a forum in a box underneath, so that you can just copy and paste it into a message on the forum (the code should probably begin [ IMG] then have the web address that the photo has been uploaded to) Someone else can probably give more precise instructions if needed, or I can go and refresh my memory - it's been aaaaaaaaaaages, probably a couple of years or more, since I last used Photobucket. If you can't get it to work though, drop me a PM and I'll send you my email address, as I can put them up on my web-dev account :) Hope that helps!

carolad
25th August 2008, 12:27 PM
Hi Caro

You can also use 'tinypic' to post pics - I like this one because you don't have to register to use it:

http://tinypic.com/index.php

All you need to do is Browse to find your pic and then 'upload now'- its very quick and easy :)

titch
25th August 2008, 10:28 PM
Aha! The name sounds familiar, so I think this may be the one that GillyG uses :)