PDA

View Full Version : posts out of order

Rachie
23rd August 2008, 12:43 PM
Hi tech team!

The posts are out of order in the thread "Insertion of Growth Rod" in the Infantile/Juvenile forum. The new posts are appearing in the middle of the thread.

Rachie

mark
23rd August 2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks Rachie, i will have a look and see if i can diagnose the problem

mark

mark
23rd August 2008, 06:56 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMM thats strange because they appear to be in order on my computer, maybe if you pm titch or sinead they may be able to get to the bottom of the problem

sorry for the inconvienence

mark

titch
25th August 2008, 12:01 AM
I've been wracking my brains trying to figure out why this could have happened, and really no idea. About the only thing I can think of is that if you view it as either Hybrid Mode, or Threaded Mode (at the top right of a thread, there is an option for changing the Display Mode) then new posts can appear in the middle of the post list that tops the thread. This is because when people use the reply to post button at the bottom right of a post, their post is "threaded" in - the list basically shows you how conversations have formed within a thread (if this makes no sense - which it probably doesn't if you've never looked at the alternative modes - about all I can suggest is find a nice long thread and change the mode and it should make sense then, when you can see it).

Other than that one idea, I really don't know what could have happened. Sorry!