Me... Simon wainwright

Talks about my life and my operation with kyphosis

Sunday 24 August 2008

Shankari Sivanth from Sri Lanka gives an international perspective

31 August - 2008
( Our very own )
Mark Wilkinson on the psychological pain of living with scoliosis

You can read the blogs on http://notgillianmckeith.blogspot.com/

And shanta has emailed me saying that she will put a link to sso on my interview

Enjoy reading !!!!!!

Simon

mark
4th August 2008, 03:49 PM
She's already got mine :D

GillyG
4th August 2008, 10:42 PM
and mine's coming up on the 7th September :D

Simon
5th August 2008, 11:53 PM
Sorry gilly that i did not add your name to the list above i only just looked at the blog again and up came your name ...............

3 of our storys from sso on her blog its great ............look forward to reading your story on the 7th sept .........

mark
5th August 2008, 11:58 PM
yep its fantastic simon, i can't wait to read your article and interview,

Simon
6th August 2008, 01:32 AM
a week on sunday then your one 2 weeks laters

mark
6th August 2008, 07:08 PM
SSo unite, woo hoo, you opened my door, now the horse has bollted, lets hope there's someone out there good enough to rane in our wings, nah fly mate, fly, keep soaring brother, fly with the eagles, Simon your doing such aa good job for sso, spread the word mate, spread it far keep on on preaching brother, you give us hope dude, you give us strength,

love you bro

mark

GillyG
6th August 2008, 07:18 PM
Sorry gilly that i did not add your name to the list above i only just looked at the blog again and up came your name ...............

3 of our storys from sso on her blog its great ............look forward to reading your story on the 7th sept .........

No worries Simon, I wasn't even aware it was listed on the site!!

mark
8th August 2008, 11:59 AM
Reminds me of this song

Ain't no stoppin' us now
We're on the move (yeah-ee-a, yeah-ee-a)
Ain't no stoppin' us now
We've got the groove

There've been so many things that have held us down
But now it looks like things are finally comin' around, yeah
I know we've got a long long way to go, yeah
And where we'll end up
I don't know
But we won't let nothing hold us back
We gonna get ourselves together
We gonna polish up our act, yeah
And if you've ever been held down before
I know that you refuse to be held down any more, yeah yeah

Simon
8th August 2008, 04:27 PM
I see from the blog that sso has been made into a link 3 times for everybody to click on !!!!!!!

Simon
9th August 2008, 02:28 PM
Yeaaaaa cool my inteview is next sun i hope shes wrote it down all wright ................am all nervous now ...

GillyG
9th August 2008, 02:38 PM
I see from the blog that sso has been made into a link 3 times for everybody to click on !!!!!!!

Only one of the links bring people to SSO Simon, but that's still great :D

Simon
9th August 2008, 02:40 PM
She did have 3 gilly must she has updated her blog since then !!!!!!!!!

mark
9th August 2008, 06:04 PM
Yeaaaaa cool my inteview is next sun i hope shes wrote it down all wright ................am all nervous now ...

How did you do it Simon, did she email you a load of questions and you answered them

Simon
9th August 2008, 06:11 PM
hey mark
Yea mate just a set of questions lets just hope i have wrote the typed the right stuff on its was a pretty simple question and answer session i should of took more time on it really but never mind !!!

mark
9th August 2008, 06:15 PM
Simon, don't worry mate, whatever you said will have come from the heart

I read mine back and its full of spelling and grammatical errors, hopefully she will sympathetically mend my mistakes

mark

Simon
14th August 2008, 11:18 PM
Not long to go now guys and girls ......3 weeks in a row read all about it ............................

mark
14th August 2008, 11:23 PM
Way to go guys, can't wait to read yours Simon and Gilly

Simon
14th August 2008, 11:30 PM
Carnt wait to read yours either mate and mums lol

Simon
15th August 2008, 09:25 AM
Is SINS real name sinead murphy as if so shes doing a blog 2 yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa yeaaaaaaaaaaaa that means that there is 4 of us ...

sins
15th August 2008, 11:20 AM
Hi Simon! yes it's me...I'm coming out of the shadows:p.
My interview will be on pregnancy and scoliosis and the possibility of respiratory failure for patients with severe curvature.
Sins

Simon
15th August 2008, 01:00 PM
Coolness What a great subject to write about i will look forward to reading your interview Sins well done ..............

GloomCookie
15th August 2008, 03:40 PM
Oh my gosh this is awesome! Hurrah for awareness, nice one guys!!

GillyG
15th August 2008, 10:04 PM
I'm actually a bit scared about mine cos she's got me writing about how body image/low self esteem has affected relationships :eek2:

Simon
15th August 2008, 10:19 PM
Gilly am sure yours will be fine ...I have every faith in you and what you have written takes courage as long as we reach out to maybe one person you will be the best thing ever ...

Simon
16th August 2008, 02:03 PM
I have just read my interview and apart from mentioning this forum a few times i answered a lot more questions than that and talked about a lot more to do with my condition ..
All well lets hope the awareness goes out to someone .......

Bows
17th August 2008, 07:48 PM
I just read it to Simon, I thought you came across great, it was very brave of you, i will be buying the mag in September too, well done :D

mark
22nd August 2008, 08:28 PM
Nice photo though mate, you look totally chilled with your brother and in such a nice setting too

Simon
22nd August 2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks mark that was at my brothers wedding at a hotel called The inn on the lake ullswater in the lakes .....near a little village called pattendale right on the edge of lake ullswater

mark
23rd August 2008, 06:38 PM
I know it well mate, spent lots of good time in that area of the lakes, nice one on your brother for picking such a special place to get married

Simon
1st September 2008, 09:37 PM
Mark

I have just read your story on the shanta everington blog (link on the first page)

Can i just say well done to speak like you have done on there is a amazing achievement you have come across brilliantly

Well done mate great interview >.........

GillyG
1st September 2008, 09:44 PM
I had tears in my eyes Mark, even though I have read everything you've written on here, it was incredibly brave to open up like you did. Mine is this weekend :eek::ph34r::eek2:

sins
2nd September 2008, 12:54 AM
Mark, that was powerful stuff, an excellent piece.
Sins

tonibunny
2nd September 2008, 08:30 AM
Mark, wow, you are amazing for sharing all of that. There are going to be people out there that are suffering, and they'll read that piece and not feel so alone, and hopefully come here for support. You help people so much, fabulous man :squeeze:

cork_lass
2nd September 2008, 09:57 AM
Thankyou Mark for sharing that with me I feel privileged to know a wonderful MAN like you to call my friend. :)

MOB
2nd September 2008, 12:48 PM
Well done Mark

Bows
4th September 2008, 07:01 PM
:niceone: Well done Mark,
thats a really good piece, I know that will help a lot of people who read it, thank you for sharing & all the caring you do for us all as well. :squeeze:

mark
4th September 2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks everyone, it means so much to read your kind posts, i'm listening to staying alive by the bee gees at the moment, its reminds me of what you guys have done for me

love to you all

mark

mark
6th September 2008, 07:45 PM
Wow Gilly thanks for such an honest and thought provoking interview, if wasn't for this condition we suffer from i would never had the wonderful opportunity of meeting you

You are are true friend and i can't wait to meet you some day

mark

GillyG
7th September 2008, 07:50 PM
Aww, thanks Mark :oops::luv:

I think it's about time we had that little meet-up we keep promising ourselves ... watch out for a pestering PM!!

MOB
11th September 2008, 08:12 PM
Well done Gilly xxx

Lucy7
12th September 2008, 07:02 PM
Not only do I think you are all brave to be so honest on the blog but I think anybody reading them will relate to an aspect of one of them and will be comforted that they are not alone. Mark, you pulled no punches in your description of the mental effects and Gilly, I am so glad that you addressed intimacy issues as I feel it is important to expose that aspect. Thanks Simon, Mark and Gilly for going on this blog and using your experiences to help others out there who may not have been familiar with our site. You are all amazing people and the only silver lining to having this thing is that I have "met" you!!

Amazed Jean
12th September 2008, 08:12 PM
I couldn't have said it better than Lucy has! I get shivers reading all of your accounts. Thank You, Love, Jean

Sandman77
7th November 2009, 08:46 PM
good read.

mark
7th November 2009, 08:58 PM
I'm glad you you approve William, hows things in your life, i have not seen you around for a while, hows the little one and your wife, i hope you are all well

mark