PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Scoliosis Rehab in Wisconsin, USA?

Ausmum
4th July 2008, 12:20 PM
Hi everyone,
My son is 15 (38 deg cobb) and has just received his brace after waiting 6 months for it. We live in Australia and find the treatment choices here to be somewhat limited.

We are looking into going to Scoliosis Rehab Inc. in Wisconsin, USA to pursue Schroth therapy as a supplement to the medical treatment he receives here.

Has anyone heard anything of this clinic?

tonibunny
4th July 2008, 12:31 PM
Hi Ausmum :welcome2:

I'm not sure if anyone here has been to that clinic, but it's been discussed over on the National Scoliosis Foundation of American's forums - here is a link (http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6462&highlight=scoliosis+rehab) to one of the threads there :)

GillyG
4th July 2008, 12:35 PM
Hi Ausmum :welcome:

I'm afraid I don't personally know anything about the clinic as I'm in the UK, but we do have quite a few members from the US (and some in Australia too :D) so I'm sure someone will be along later to help you on this one. I think the main thing to watch out for with clinics claiming to offer Schroth therapy is that the true Schroth method includes bracing as an integral part of the therapy, whereas there are some spin-off methods that don't.

Just wanted to welcome you to the site and wish your son all the best for the future :D

Ausmum
4th July 2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the info supplied. :)

Patricia
4th July 2008, 01:56 PM
Hi AusMum – I’m new on here too. I hope that you manage to get treatment sorted for your son. While I was having treatment at Scoliosis SOS in Suffolk I met an American lady and her daughter who had flown over from the US because she said it was cheaper to come to England for 4-weeks than it was to go to the clinic in Wisconsin for 2 (even with flights etc.). How crazy is that?!

Ausmum
4th July 2008, 02:13 PM
Agreed! At that price, I certainly want to know as much as I can about it beforehand and explore all of the options.

Did you achieve good results at Scoliosis SOS? And do you find it easy to keep up with the exercises afterwards?

Simon
4th July 2008, 02:13 PM
Hi AusMum – I’m new on here too. I hope that you manage to get treatment sorted for your son. While I was having treatment at Scoliosis SOS in Suffolk I met an American lady and her daughter who had flown over from the US because she said it was cheaper to come to England for 4-weeks than it was to go to the clinic in Wisconsin for 2 (even with flights etc.). How crazy is that?!

Hi patricia

I was wondering if you was to be so kind and tells us your thoughts scoliosis SOS in suffolk .
And what your results were.
I will link the thread on this then if you could post on the other link that would be great ..
Thanks
Simon .

http://www.scoliosis-support.org/showthread.php?t=6095

Patricia
4th July 2008, 02:51 PM
Yes AusMum, I am really pleased to be off medication and to be able to live a normal life again. I've found it easy to be motivated to do my exercises because my body tells me when I haven't! :)

mark
4th July 2008, 09:23 PM
Hi Ausmum and Patricia

Welcome to our somewhat wacky wonky world, sorry for the reasons that have brought to our site but now your here i hope we can provide you with the info and support you and you families need.

I'm mark and i have kyphosis rather than scoliosis (i always have to be different) and am back on my long and winding road to finding a solution to my ailments.

You can see my pictures and a bit about me in pictures of my back in the kyphosis forum anyway less about me

once again welcome

mark

Ausmum
5th July 2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks Mark.

Before looking at your pics, I really didn't know what kyphosis was, so I have a lot to learn!

I look forward to reading and learning a lot more here.:)

mark
19th July 2008, 09:05 AM
Hi Ausmum, hows things going with you and your family, we have a number of Australian members who drop in fairly regularly, is there not anyone within Aus that can offer a non surgical route,

I hope you manage to find a solution sooner rather than later

take care

mark