PDA

View Full Version : appointment coming up

jamiebug44
11th October 2004, 08:44 PM
my appoinmeant is coming up on Nov. 18 and i well fined out if i need sugery of not so i am sarced too :cry:

sins
11th October 2004, 09:14 PM
Try not to think about it too much jamie but I know it's very hard for you. There's still a chance you won't need the surgery and I hope it all goes very well for you. What scares you about the surgery? Do you think you can tell us?
Sins

jamiebug44
11th October 2004, 09:17 PM
its scares me aabout the hole thing sins i cant think that much anymore like i used too.because i am going through alot right now

sins
11th October 2004, 09:23 PM
When you're going through a lot ........ sometimes it helps to try to think of the good things that you have going on too. I know the surgery is a big deal for you and I know too that you're feeling hurt about school and other stuff in your life.We've all been through it Jamie and we all feel left out and we get upset cos of the unfairness of it all.
It just isn't fair that bad things happen to us but you must try to be strong and we'll be there for you when you feel bad.I promise we'll do our best.Because we've all been there and we've come through it.
sins

jamiebug44
11th October 2004, 09:25 PM
sins that brought tears in my eyes

sins
11th October 2004, 09:29 PM
Now tell us what we can do to bring a smile to your face? :-D

jamiebug44
11th October 2004, 09:31 PM
i dont kown

sins
11th October 2004, 09:34 PM
Ok then, that can be our mission for the week...........
How can we cheer up jamiebug? We'll find a way!

jamiebug44
11th October 2004, 09:36 PM
i feel down right now and it is pretty hard to cheer me up

sins
11th October 2004, 09:40 PM
Do you have any brothers or sisters Jamie? Can they help in any way?

jamiebug44
11th October 2004, 09:41 PM
yes one sister and she is busy right now with collage and work

sins
11th October 2004, 09:46 PM
Have you told your parents how you feel? I'm sure if they realised how worried you were that they'd be right there for you. Sometimes if you don't say it they will think everything is ok with you.

jamiebug44
11th October 2004, 09:50 PM
yes they kown what i am going through right now.And they kown how i feel.last night i couldent sleep because i got relly hot last night and my brace was in my way.and also i was up the almost the whole night and i was hurting inside to bad.

sins
11th October 2004, 10:00 PM
Awww, it feels so much worse when you're tired too.... :hug:
I know they'll try their best to help you through this too.
Try to get as much sleep as you can even during the day.If you even get a few small naps in the afternoon it will help.it's not so long until November when you'll find out if you need surgery.
sins

jamiebug44
11th October 2004, 10:02 PM
yeah it is wrose when i am tired

floralgypsy
11th October 2004, 10:11 PM
I remember that I used to sit in the bathroom on the floor crying when I knew I had a scoliosis appointment coming up. I got so excited one day because I thought it had got better - I had actually convinced myself that I wasn't going to need surgery! When I went back and found it had got much worse, I literally thought that my life would be over. I remember thinking that my parent's shouldn't waste their money buying me anything for Christmas because I wouldn't be there to celebrate it. I thought it was the end of the world and I believe that scoliosis contributed to the anxiety disorder I have now.

Thing is, Jamie, scoliosis and a bad experience at school does not mean that the rest of your life will be as bad. I am glad that my scoliosis deteriorated because it meant I had to have surgery, and now I feel so much better about my back. If you need surgery, you will too. You aren't alone and we are all trying our best to help you.

jamiebug44
11th October 2004, 10:13 PM
awwww charlotte that alomost brought more tears to my eyes

Abbi
11th October 2004, 11:30 PM
Jamie, I totally understand what your going through hun! I have been down that road, but it gets better.....trust me!
I'm not sure what the situation is/was at school....but I hope that gets better too!
I was bullied for years at school, infact most of my school life, and like i used to come home and cry for hours, and then at the weekend, I would just break down for no reason, I was called names a lot! And then after I left school (im now in college) I thought that was it over....but then bang.....scoli hit me! and i was like why me? this isnt fair! But I am gald I have it...cos for one thing, If i didnt have it, i wouldnt be able to come on here and encourage you.....!
I think having scoliosis, has made me a stronger and better person, I am relying on God to help me thru this!
I will be praying for you so much Jamie! And just remember surgery isn't the end of your life....it will make you better! I hope you don't need it, but if you do, we will always be here to help you, to build u up and make u a strong and more confident Jamie....! And where better to start than to smile!! ;-)
Love ya xx

jamiebug44
11th October 2004, 11:34 PM
aww thank abbi you brought me a tear and and smile

Abbi
11th October 2004, 11:52 PM
thats good....im glad i brought a smile to your face, smiles are always good, now wipe away that tear, and put your chin up!

Abbi
12th October 2004, 12:25 AM
Jamie, I would just like to give you this web address, for spinekids its a really cool website, which i belong too, and there are so many lovely people on it, that wud love to meet you! I am on it all the time....there is fun posts wer we play games and stuff. so if your interested just drop by and chat! (just go to message exchange)
There is also a whole section about scoliosis, and peoples scoliosis stories!
spinekids (http://www.spinekids.com)

jamiebug44
12th October 2004, 01:36 AM
thank you abbi

elvinwarrior
12th October 2004, 01:43 AM
What's happening at school, if you don't mind my asking? I sort of get how you're feeling, because I myself don't worry much but my sister does. Before we had our most recent appointment, she was so afraid of her scoli getting worse. So just remember that there are lots of people who are there for you, and you can, and will, get through this, and after a bit, everything will be okay. :squeeze:

jamiebug44
12th October 2004, 01:46 AM
aww thanks elvinwarrior

elvinwarrior
12th October 2004, 01:58 AM
:angel: By the way, I'm Tesa. :angel:

jamiebug44
12th October 2004, 02:18 AM
opps sorry

Abbi
13th October 2004, 09:30 PM
Jamie...i see you have joined up to spinekids....thats great! its so cool! you should come on and post sometime!

jamiebug44
14th October 2004, 02:40 AM
i well

jamiebug44
16th October 2004, 01:41 AM
its coming closer and closer everyday

Pikey
16th October 2004, 11:18 AM
Hi Jamie , when you have a big appointment coming up when you're not sure of the outcome it can be a very emmotional time .The stress builds up until the day of the appointment and then what ever news you get on that day you have a big release of those emmotions . What ever the news is it will affect you but just to let you know that we are all here for you .It's only human to be scarred and to want to talk with others who have been through the same thing , maybe even sometimes just to vent your anger .Try and do things that will take your mind off of it and dont forget that after that appointment that we are all here .Take care .

Becky
16th October 2004, 11:40 AM
its awful how you after wait to find out whether you need surgery or not because you have probally got so many thoughts running through your mind!

When i went to the hospital, i thought i was just going for check up x-rays and then a general chat with the doctor about whether i have any pains or not. But i sat in the doctors room for ages and wondered what was taking him so long, he finally came in, asked what if i thought my scoli was the same or worse, i said slightly worse, and he put the x-ray up and it was a lot worse, it came as a shock as i was told there was a 1% chance it would increase, so i never gave it a tought! and then he explained the process of surgery and asked me what i thought, it all happend so quick it just HAD to sink in. He then sent me away to make a choice.

So any way, I didnt have a lot of time to think about wheter or not i needed surgery, and i decided to to just deal with the fact i needed surgery because i wouldnt want to regret it if it gets worse when im older. You just have to get used to the fact that you may need surgery, think possitive becuse they wouldnt do surgery on you for fun, they do it to make you better. and then whatever the outcome, you'll be ready for surgery or you just wont need it!

jamiebug44
16th October 2004, 05:22 PM
but if i do need it then i well cry.i dont want sugery at all though.:-(

lindzi_11
16th October 2004, 05:25 PM
Its your choice whether you want sugeory or not. Don't let anyone pressure you into doing it. Nobody can make you. If your curves aren't bad and you don't mind the way your back looks then you don't have to go through with it. Its up to you! Nobody else.

jamiebug44
16th October 2004, 05:30 PM
but about my mom and dad

lindzi_11
16th October 2004, 05:31 PM
NO its not your parents choice either! Its about YOU! What you want to do. You SHOULDN'T be pressured into doing this if you don't want to. Talk to your parents and tell them how you feel about this.

jamiebug44
16th October 2004, 05:35 PM
ok thanks lindzi

Pikey
16th October 2004, 08:48 PM
but even though surgery seems the most awfull thing , please listen to your Surgeon and your parents . It doesnt take long to get over surgery but you could live with a bad back for the rest of your life if you dont have it . Its such a hard decision , take your time and talk it through .

Jonny
16th October 2004, 09:08 PM
Remember that surgery is to make you better, Jamie. :-)

jamiebug44
17th October 2004, 02:41 AM
aww thanks guys

Abbi
17th October 2004, 05:03 PM
yeah....this surgery will hlp you jamie....dont let ANYone tell you, that you HAVE to have it.....you and you alone can make the choice!
And just remember that we will always be here for you if the decision for surgery arises!

jamiebug44
17th October 2004, 07:05 PM
aww thank you