PDA

View Full Version : Signatures

Amazed Jean
22nd June 2008, 09:33 AM
I think I am doing something wrong. I have been trying to post a new signature but I wanted to change the color and font but when I try I end up with the Font and Color printing within the post but in black and regular font. What am I doing wrong?

titch
23rd June 2008, 02:42 PM
For anyone who saw this before I edited, clearly I need to work out more about how this system works!! :oops: Jean, I'll get back to you.....

titch
23rd June 2008, 07:57 PM
The problem is likely that the codes need to be "closed" - they always come in pairs of [ CODE ] and [ /CODE ]

Probably the simplest way, if you want the whole thing in one colour and font, is to just type whatever you want for the signature into the edit box, then highlight it all (you can click with your mouse at one end of the sentence/paragraph and drag it to the other end, or you can hold down shift when you have finished typing, and either press Home, or up arrow, or Page Up, and that should select everything you've typed. Then once the text is selected, use the buttons at the top of the edit box to give the effects that you want.

Hope that helps? Otherwise, if you prefer to select the effects first, just make sure to type after all of the opening codes, and before all the closing codes :)

Rachie
26th June 2008, 11:15 AM
I can't change typeface on mine either. What do you mean "buttons at the top of the edit box"? I don't seem to have any!

Rachie x

titch
26th June 2008, 04:09 PM
If you don't have any buttons, I suspect you are on the basic editor still (you probably also don't have any smilies?) You can change which editor you use as part of your User CP options, it explains how in the smilies thread here in tech help.

Amazed Jean
28th June 2008, 09:37 PM
Obviously, I figured it out. It took a few tries but finally have been successful. Thanks Titch.

titch
28th June 2008, 11:22 PM
Good :) As it happens, I've just now figured out an easier way to edit user profiles than before, so if anyone else is confused then it'll be easier to help - I think it is one of those things that's easier to understand when you see it in practice, in terms of how the tags/codes work. Glad you've got it sorted anyway!