PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys....new member needing a lot of support.

dutton629
19th June 2008, 02:36 AM
Hey everyone! I have Scheuermann's Kyphosis. My curve measures 91 degrees. I have had this for 16 years. I have heard everything that there is to hear from the doctors and trust me, I have seen my share of doctors. I finally found a doctor in Beverly Hills at Cedars Sinai that is going to operate. I am scared out of my mind but at the same time I am beyond excited. Will someone that has already gone throught spinal fusion surgery please let me know what to expect post-op? That would really be helpful to me. By the way, my fusion will be a T-2 to L-2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Amazed Jean
19th June 2008, 05:01 AM
Hello Dutton, Welcome to SSO. I have never had surgery so I can't help you there. But there are several people that have and they will be along just remember that the site is based in UK and they are all sleeping now. Again Welcome!

mark
19th June 2008, 07:54 AM
Hello

:welcome: to SSO, i can totaly sympathise with what you have been throgh as i have been through much the same. I'm glad you hav found us and i hope we can support you through the next couple of months.

If you look at the bottom of the screen you will see a box that lets you search from the beginning of the forum click on that and look for posts by zerodegrees, phil or andy_d as they have all had surgery for scheuermann's and they are some very good posts on what to expect post surgery

Once again sorry for what has brought you to this site but lets hope we can support you through pre and post surgery

welcome to our wonky world

mark

alyssa
19th June 2008, 10:09 AM
Hey there, I had surgery for scoliosis. Well I had kyphosis as well but that was compensatory to the scoliosis and hypolordosis. Surgery wasn't that bad, recovery seems like it's going to be slow but the time flies by while your spine is fusing.
Anyway... welcome to the site, take it easy and try not to worry too much,
Lyssie xx

tonibunny
19th June 2008, 10:47 AM
Hi Dutton,

I have scoliosis rather than kyphosis but I just wanted to welcome you here :welcome2:

Hope you enjoy our forum, we're very friendly and we love newbies :D

Toni xx

GillyG
19th June 2008, 01:21 PM
Hiya :welcome:

Like Toni, my surgery was for scoliosis, but I just wanted to welcome you to the site and say there are loads of us here post fusion surgery, so we should be able to help answer any questions :D

lady p
19th June 2008, 03:16 PM
Hiya, just wanted to say :welcome2: nice to have you here!!

Kentish
19th June 2008, 04:04 PM
Welcome to SSO Dutton.

I had my spinal fusion in 2001 because of my kyphoscoliosis and it really wasnt as bad as I was expecting. Recovery is different for everyone but I was back at work and feeling quite good around 3 months post op. Do you know whether you're having a 1 stage or 2 stage procedure? If you have an anterior release like I did then you're looking at a bit of extra time for your rib and hip to settle down. Also recovery times tend to be a bit longer the older you are so you might need to take things quite easy for up to a year or so after surgery.

Good luck and again welcome to SSO. If you have any specific surgery questions then we'll be more than happy to help.

madmclw
19th June 2008, 08:54 PM
:welcome2:

I have scoliosis too, but welcome anyway :tiphat:

Maddy