PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find Sue!

RugbyLaura
16th June 2008, 05:52 PM
Hi all,

Am trying to contact sue1958. Have had no contact with her since The Crash! She appears not to have switched on her private messaging (has taken me a while to work out how to do that!)

Is it permissable for a mod to contact her by email??

Missing my buddy (crying smilie(oxymoron??) - don't know how to do smilies either (embarassed smilie)).

xx

titch
16th June 2008, 06:31 PM
The smileys are another thing which is turned off by default in the accounts carried over from the old system, there's a setting to enable them, and a post in here describes where exactly in the settings, called something like Got no smileys?

I'll see if I can PM her in a minute, as being an admin I may be able to despite the settings. Actually, I'll go see what account settings I can edit in just a mo - as it's manual I don't want to have to do it by hand for the entire 1400 accounts we have here, but the odd one is no trouble :D

titch
16th June 2008, 06:34 PM
Ok, 'tis on now, of course she can turn it off again if she wishes, but you should be able to contact her now :)

ETA, here's the thread link for how to turn on extra messaging options to get smilies: http://www.scoliosis-support.org/showthread.php?t=5940

RugbyLaura
16th June 2008, 07:14 PM
Thank you Titch!

RugbyLaura
16th June 2008, 07:34 PM
Titch,

Just another thought!

Did you turn on her email notification of private messages???

Thanks,

Laura

titch
16th June 2008, 07:37 PM
:oops: Now done! :oops:

RugbyLaura
16th June 2008, 07:41 PM
ps love the new smilies! No longer feeling like this :badpc:And can think of somewhere to use this! :cens: (sausages spring to mind!)