PDA

View Full Version : Holidays

Becky
10th October 2004, 03:02 PM
I know we have already discussed a similar topic, but i cant really remember it, anyway.....i want to go on holiday next year with my friends, but im due to have my op anytime between january and april. i was just wandering if there was a period of how long untill you can go in the sun, and would i have to cover my scar up?? I want to go around this time next year.

Iv just got back from teneriffe and ill be so relieved that i will soon be able to wear a bikini and not have to be cautious about my curve that sticks out! I also found it very uncomfortable sitting on the plane for 4 hours, my back was aching!!

Kaja
10th October 2004, 03:30 PM
Ah, yes, plane-seats are horrible :-o

You should cover it up, atleast that's what my doc said. Use atleast SPF25 while swimming and exposing it.

Right? :P

lindzi_11
10th October 2004, 04:58 PM
Yah... darn i can't tan this summer!!! Awww this sux! I don't wanna have to cover up :cry:

Crazy16girl
10th October 2004, 07:47 PM
I had surgery last year and wnt away in july and showed my scar, but the sun wasnt full on it because its at the side, but it was still in the sun, to be honest i didnt think anything of it.

Kayla
11th October 2004, 06:10 AM
I have never fully exposed my scars in the sun

BlueIce
11th October 2004, 03:23 PM
I had my surgery just before the summer started, so obviously I didn't feel like swimming or tanning at all :-) But I'd just be carefull and put on the highest protection factor that you can find. Don't forget to put it on several times a day, and if you're not completely sure you can always wear a t-shirt to go in the water.

Blair
11th October 2004, 03:31 PM
I expose my scars to the sun all of the time. I was good about putting sunblock on it for a while, both when tanning and when outdoors. But once I started my job, I got worse about it... No time to go running back to the car to put sunblock on when it warmed up enough to take off my jacket, and also I have a hard time reaching parts of it...

Marti
11th October 2004, 07:09 PM
I've been really careful about my scar all summer. It stunk, because I couldn't wear my skimpy bikini (don't know why I love it so much...). But I just suggest getting a cute tankini or one piece and putting a ton of sunscreen on your scar. I got really really sunburned this summer, and probably got the tannest I've ever gotten, but my scar didn't get sunburnt at all. so you definitely don't have to give up tanning!

Joy
11th October 2004, 08:48 PM
Yes, sunburned scars hurt! Sunscreen is good, but you can be in the sun. Just watch your scar so it doesn't get burnt!