PDA

View Full Version : Well yeah (injections and what-not)...

alyssa
6th June 2008, 08:32 PM
Hiya guys sorry am tired lately and haven't been on, haha I have been sleeping lots. I have had a lot of pain today ='( I have 4 more physiotherapy sessions left and on the 16th of this month I am having the Facet Joint Injections in London. I am kinda scared about the fact that they might not even work. I don't want to have to pay the money and then they not gonna work. You know. Well here's to hoping, right?

Thanks guys,

Alyssa... xx

GillyG
6th June 2008, 08:35 PM
Good luck with it all Lyssie, and try to stay positive. Repeat after me ...

These injections WILL work
These injections WILL work ...

:D

alyssa
6th June 2008, 08:41 PM

Hehe thanks Gilly xx

mark
11th June 2008, 11:08 AM
They will indeed

Indeed they will

alyssa
11th June 2008, 11:56 AM
Haha, LoL Mark!

Less than a week away now, eeek, I really hope they work I'm in lots of pain.
xx

mark
11th June 2008, 08:22 PM
i hope they do too

Bows
12th June 2008, 08:43 PM
:tiphat:Hi, I have had facet joint block and they worked brilliantly. i think i got a tast of what is must be like to have a "normal" back. The only disappointment was they wear off. Im waiting to have some more. I am also waiting for denervations have anyone had this?
I hope your injections work as well for you as they did for me.
BowsX

mark
13th June 2008, 03:26 PM
Hello Bows

How long did they last ?

Unregistered
15th June 2008, 08:58 PM
what are they exactly and would they work for me (its Caro btw - not sure how to log in now its all changed!!)

titch
15th June 2008, 09:19 PM
Hi Caro,

When you visit the site as a guest, there is a notice telling you how to log in. Basically, visit this link: http://www.scoliosis-support.org/login.php?do=lostpw and use the email address you signed up with to get a new password sent to you. If you don't remember, or don't have access to that address any more, then post a new thread in the Password Requests forum, giving us a valid email address to send you a new password. The forum is fully moderated, so your post will not appear in public, so your email address will not be made available to all and sundry.

tonibunny
15th June 2008, 09:56 PM
Hey Lyssie, I've been having steroid trigger-point injections and nerve-root blocks every few months for the past couple of years now. I mainly have them to help relax muscles that are in permanent spasm.

They're not quite the same as the injections you'll be having, but they'll be very similar. They work brilliantly for me! The effects are well worth it :-) Good luck, I hope they work for you! By the way, they might not kick in immediately, so don't panic if you don't get immediate relief xxx

:squeeze:

alyssa
16th June 2008, 05:49 PM
Oh ok, thank you Toni, my back is in agony and I wasn't sure if it was normal or not.
I have a rather numb butt right now though, haha xx

Little Ali
16th June 2008, 09:55 PM
How did the injections and the appointment go Lyssie? You've probably posted somewhere else...I'll go look!

Bows
17th June 2008, 09:15 PM
Hi Mark,:oops2:
Sorry i didnt answer you.
You asked me on 13th june how long my injections worked, they last 2-3 moths for me. But they are different for everybody, my Dr told me that for some people they can last indeffinatly.
Caro was asking what they are, its a bit complicated for me to explain (i am a bear with very little brain:???:) but found this on the internet you might find interesting.

http://www.painclinic.org/treatment-facetjointinjections.htm

mark
17th June 2008, 09:45 PM
Hi Bows

Thanks for the link

I will read it with interest over a cup of :coffee2:

:niceone: