PDA

View Full Version : Lots of pain

Crazy16girl
1st October 2004, 01:00 PM
Yet again ive been in alot more pain lately and its getting worse. Is it possible for the curve to 'spring' or grow where the rod wasnt put? (in my case the top of my spine) because im getting this horrible pain on the left side of my spine/shoulder at the top, which i never had before but i reconize the type of pain.

My year appointment is 2 weeks today, but this started about 2-3 months ago on and off. But it hurts to sit up for 15 minutes or lie flat on my back for 15 mins, but always in the same place... :(

titch
1st October 2004, 02:10 PM
It is possible sometimes for the unfused curves to progress, although it's unusual. It's definitely something that you need to bring up with your doctor when you see him - hopefully it's just something that maybe some physiotherapy or the like will fix. It's also worth thinking if there is anything that's changed in that time, like have you got new pillows, or have you changed what you're doing at work, or been staying away a lot so you're sleeping on other beds, that sort of thing. Because it might be that you realise what's behind it and can do something to help it.

Fingers crossed for some good answers at your appointment!

tonibunny
1st October 2004, 03:24 PM
Poor you Tracy :hug: Sorry I can't add anything else to the advice Titch gives you above.....I hope you feel better soon, and that they are able to help you in 2 weeks time.

sins
1st October 2004, 04:17 PM
That sounds very unpleasant tracy.When you mention it to your doctor be sure to emphasise just how bad it is.You'll most likely have x rays anyway and will show any problems with instrumentation or increased curvature above the fusion.As Titch says it's rare.
Physiotherapy would probably help but sometimes these types of pain will pass on it's own without any intervention.Hopefully it will in your case.It always has done for me.
Sins

Thaleias spirit
1st October 2004, 05:42 PM
Tracey very sorry to hear that you're in pain...

hopefully your doctor will be able to shed light on why you're in so much pain...can i suggest you keep a diary of when the pain is at its worst, what youve been doing? it might not be of help but maye can assist the doctors in their prognosis...

only other advice i can give is (like sinead) ask your doctor about a physiotherapist ...my doctor gave me the name of one that they would always refer people to, with the advantage that the physios also knew them and could get more background info if necessary...

Also make sure they are chartered physios, this means they are more medically trained and will be awre of how to treat your spine where scoliosis is concerned...

i found the sessions i did helped me big time and my phyiotherapist was great, really knew her stuff...

hope you get the help you need..

lindzi_11
1st October 2004, 09:38 PM
awww so sorry to hear about the pain... feel better x0x0x0x