PDA

View Full Version : bad news guys

jamiebug44
29th September 2004, 04:43 AM
bad news guys it is possible sugery in November. :cry:

Jessica*
29th September 2004, 05:40 AM
Aww poor thing Jamie. But it doesn't necessarily have to be bad news...

*hugs*

jfkimberly
29th September 2004, 06:30 AM
I know the idea of surgery is overwhelming for you, but if it prevents you from getting worse, it's the best thing to do. When you're my age, you'll be glad you did it. If you get too nervous, just think of all the people on this site who have had the surgery.

Crazy16girl
29th September 2004, 11:13 AM
Surgery isnt as bad as it seems, well i didnt think it was and i was crying everynight 5 weeks before i had to have the damn thing!

I know its very hard, but think of all the chocolate and presents people get ya! haha. And also a life of hardly anymore pain and straightness, its good =] chin up!

lindzi_11
29th September 2004, 11:19 AM
I have to get surgeory in november too =(

BlueIce
29th September 2004, 01:38 PM
I know you won't believe me, but surgery really is good for you. I'm not saying you won't feel bad for a while, but I'm three months post-op right now and I already feel better and don't regret I went through with it. The time in the hospital is the hardest, but once you get home you start feeling better every day, keep that in mind. If you have questions or need to talk, you know where to find us.

Sarah
29th September 2004, 05:25 PM
Have you both had surgery before?

Jonny
29th September 2004, 05:26 PM
Jamie, that's good. You'll be tall and straight! You should look forward to it :-)

lindzi_11
29th September 2004, 08:33 PM
No this will be my 1st sugeory sarah

jamiebug44
30th September 2004, 03:43 AM
thank you guys!you made me feel better already and yes,i do cry myself to sleep everynight still.:(

Jessica*
30th September 2004, 04:11 AM
I'm not sure if I speak for everyone here, but now that I know how it was like for me the first time I wouldn't mind going again to minimise my curves even further. Too bad it isn't an option, it's just not do-able.

Abbi
30th September 2004, 12:02 PM
Jamie, I am sure it is not going to be as bad as it seems....I have to get surgery too....but not as soon as November! possibly July 2005, but I am on a very long waiting list! Trust me, it all work out ok....I will be praying for you...let me know hpw everything goes.

By the way if you live in the U.S and have the discovery channel, there is a programme called extreme surgery on, or it may have been on, and it shows a whole scoliosis surgery....well most of it anyways, thats just incase you wanted to see it....I'm not sure if It will be on in the U.K's discovery channel, I hope it will be on....cos i would love to see it!

jfkimberly
1st October 2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Abbi@ Sep 30 2004, 06:02 AM
By the way if you live in the U.S and have the discovery channel, there is a programme called extreme surgery on, or it may have been on, and it shows a whole scoliosis surgery....well most of it anyways, thats just incase you wanted to see it....I'm not sure if It will be on in the U.K's discovery channel, I hope it will be on....cos i would love to see it!
My friend did the computer equivalent of TiVo for it, so now I have it on my computer. It's two huge files (120MB each, I think), but if anybody has broadband and wants to see it, I can send it. Just catch me on MSN (kimberlyjo_f@hotmail.com) and we'll coordinate it. Or maybe I could burn it to CD and ship it... I don't know. Talk to me.

BlueIce
1st October 2004, 10:44 AM
if you want, you could send it to me and I can put it online or something. I should still have enough space on my site.

jfkimberly
1st October 2004, 01:43 PM
That'd be great, BlueIce. I can't predict when I'll be online in the next couple of days, but we'll get it sent soon.

jamiebug44
2nd October 2004, 04:28 AM
thanks guys for you support.:)

Crazy16girl
2nd October 2004, 08:28 AM
I wouldnt mind going through surgery again, although i rather not...but if i had to i would know what to do and everything and i think i'd be fine with it.

I remember before i went down to the theatrei was hysterical, they gave me 2 pre-med tablets, which made me have the giggles...but remember i was hysterical at the same time. Haha =] and i did get a HUGEEEE talking tigger from mummy and daddy!

elvinwarrior
4th October 2004, 02:45 AM
Hey,

RELAX. Surgery isn't the worst thing that will happen to you. You will not have to worry about your curves growing if you get it, and you'll be straighter. :)
I wasn't to worried about my surgery; in fact, as they were rolling me to the operating room, I told my parents "relax". I was right, too. Keep a positive attitude, please. Bye-bye.

jamiebug44
4th October 2004, 02:52 AM
well it is kinda hard to relax because i have other things in life i have to worry about too you kown,didi you kown i cry myself asleep everynight because i am scared

jamiebug44
4th October 2004, 06:02 PM
i am so scared. my appointment is November 18 at 3:00 pm and i hope do well because i might cry again in the doctors office like i did last time because my scoliosis got worse and i hope is gets better and also my sugery date too.

lindzi_11
4th October 2004, 09:18 PM
yah it is HARD to relax

elvinwarrior
5th October 2004, 12:49 AM
I'm so sorry that you're going through that!!!!
Why are you so scared? What's so bad about having scoliosis? What are your curves? Why does he think that you have to have surgery? Make a list, and post it. Hugs! -Tesa :)

lindzi_11
5th October 2004, 12:53 AM
Yah its hard 2 relax though.. i'm getting surgeory on November 10th and my curves are 57 top and bottom 31. I don't think any of us like having scoliosis. (although if i didnt have it i wouldnt have met such nice people) And with all the risks involved it is scary.. even though its a low percentage it still crosses ur mind.

Kayla
5th October 2004, 01:51 AM
Aww dont stress on i jamie surgery isnt really that bad

elvinwarrior
5th October 2004, 02:20 AM
Kayla is right. Surgery really isn't that bad. It's not that I like having scoliosis, but I don't even think about it all that much. Which I guess is kind of hard when you're going to have surgery. But it'll be all good. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Amazed Jean
5th October 2004, 04:18 PM
Hey Whats the big deal if you cry in the doctors' office? I'll bet everybody has done it at least once. Do think the doctor hasn't ever seen anyone cry? Its part of what makes us human. When you feel it coming on grab a kleenex and say "All of this is a little overwhelming...." I once even got a doctor crying with me. Then I did feel really bad. Sometimes I think we expect doctors to be superman and they can deal with anything. Here's a shocker doctors are just people..no more and no less. They are highly educated and experienced (we hope). And they probably over worked and overpaid (sometimes). At least I know that the doctor crying with me was human and he had feelings.

BlueIce
5th October 2004, 05:34 PM
what helped in the time before my surgery was to make sure I was busy. During the week, when I was at school I hardly cried over it. Usually I had a small "breakdown" during weekends, but I'm only human. I did try to hide it from people though, my mom only saw me cry once and that was when I got the date for surgery. That just made things very real. If you feel like crying, just do so. It's not good to keep all those emotions inside of you.

Abbi
5th October 2004, 06:36 PM
When i was told i was gunna have surgery....i kinna expected it, cos he showed me my xrays....(two of 80 degrees) and i was like right i need surgery. And he sat down and was like....well we can do nothing, cos at the moment its not causing any harm just pain. We could secure the curves at where they r now. Or we could fix the curves. (the second and third both involve major surgery) and i was like yeah well we all knew that was coming!
And im not scared at the moment.....like, maybe thats cos i havent got a date....but really, im totally at ease about the whole thing....infact i really want it, i would totally love to have your date jamie and get it done and out of the way.....I will be praying for you both.
Jamie, do you have a possible date 4ur surgery? did u say nov. 18? or is that when you'll find out?

jamiebug44
6th October 2004, 04:45 AM
thank guys you made me alittle feeling better.yes abbi the 18 well be when i well find out and thank you for your prays guys.:-)