PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!!

Jessica*
28th September 2004, 02:06 PM
Monday 27th, at 11am I had an appointment with doctor Sutherland (my surgeon) and was finally able to obtain a copy of my x-rays (handy dandy digital camera).
Found in The Gallery (http://www.scoliosis-support.org/uploads/photos/140.gif)

The appointment was crap itself but that'll be made up for on Monday, November 8th. This is where my thoracoplasty will be organised for sure :D One step closer to normality...

Kaja
28th September 2004, 02:38 PM
That's one curvey spine :D The results are amazing though! Yay! Pretty cool. I bet you can scare people with those. :joke: I hope you get what you want, when it comes to the thoracoplasty.

Liv
28th September 2004, 02:53 PM
That looks pretty much like my spine pre-op! :-) Good luck on your next appointment! :niceone:

Jessica*
29th September 2004, 05:17 AM
I just showed one of my friends over MSN that photo and I almost fell off my seat laughing at her delayed response...

[01:01:11 AM] Transfer of "95-70_xray2.gif" is complete.
[01:01:39 AM] In the immor: **************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[01:01:48 AM] In the immor: IS THAT UR SPINE?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

It was an unexpected reaction, but then again she never realised how bad it was.

Joy
29th September 2004, 05:31 AM
Nice x-ray. I really must get mine digitized.

Tell us how your apointment goes.

jfkimberly
29th September 2004, 07:23 AM
*giggles at "In the immor"'s reaction* Now I have to go find your post-op xray in the gallery, so I can see the change. Good luck with the thoracoplasty-coordinating appointment in November!

LinnyLou
29th September 2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Jessica*@Sep 29 2004, 11:17 AM
[01:01:11 AM] Transfer of "95-70_xray2.gif" is complete.
[01:01:39 AM] In the immor: ***********!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[01:01:48 AM] In the immor: IS THAT UR SPINE?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

I would've said "No, thats just my neck. Wait till you really do see my spine..."

But thats just me. :nutter:

Jessica*
29th September 2004, 05:18 PM
Lol! Nice one. I should've said that!

I realise I can't find any post-op x-rays in the gallery, so I guess I never uploaded any. I'll go post some now so hopefully they'll be there under my name by morning...

ivanleg
29th September 2004, 05:55 PM
I just admitted your post-op xray to the jessica* gallery as you selected.
You could also resubmit it to the "X-rays and Scans" gallery - a few of us have done this. A bit of a pain cos there will 2 copies of the pic (I don't think there's any way around this).

See jessica*'s gallery here (http://www.scoliosis-support.org/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?cid=14)

The second to last pic is her post-op xray.

Good xrays.

Amazed Jean
29th September 2004, 06:19 PM
Jess,
I haven't met you yet. I'm Amazed and also Jean. I love your friend's reaction. I know I'm not supposed to laugh but geez I am. I think the next time some non-scoliosis person tells me how bad their back hurts I'll show them my x-rays. I know that's mean but its too funny. Nice to meet you. and you are really a cute and sweet girl. (I'm a Mom and Mom's know these things.)

Jessica*
30th September 2004, 05:06 AM
Hi amazed, or Jean :), we probably haven't met because I'm rarely around here with my commitment to school and my work (McDonalds). But at the moment I have 2 weeks holidays so I'm living it up :D
Ha, and it's ok, you're allowed to laugh......I'm planning on showing heaps of people because the reactions are just too funny to ignore.

Thanks *blushes*, but don't say Mom around Ivy. It's Mum down here :P