PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my Braces

Emily-Evanopsi
11th March 2008, 10:55 AM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r4/link676/DSCF4888.jpg
The one on the far left was my first ever brace :) then it just goes up from there - until you get the last brace which is post op.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r4/link676/DSCF4890.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r4/link676/DSCF4891.jpg
From the front

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r4/link676/DSCF4892.jpg

Tuh daah!

alyssa
11th March 2008, 12:44 PM
OMG Such a collection, those are amazingly pretty for something so dreadded, I have never had to wear one before, what are they like to wear? I do like those designs though. How old were you when you were first put in one?

Amazed Jean
11th March 2008, 05:23 PM
I think you should put potted plants in them and display them permanently! They might also look very cool with some umbrellas in them, golf clubs, balloons, wrapped snacks ( Snickers Bars) or highliters and markers or other craft supplies. But I think you definitely will have a unique display for years to come.

Thaleias spirit
11th March 2008, 06:26 PM
Emily, they are lovely (as braces go). I love the designs on them especially on the third and fourth ones. It's almost a shame to have them covered up. I've never had one myself (although I will have one this time so it will be quite a strange experience but to be honest I don't really mind).

Emily-Evanopsi
11th March 2008, 06:34 PM
I got to choose the patterns, and I really liked the space one so I had that twice :)

I got the first one about a month before my eleventh birthday.

It got really hot and sweaty sometimes which wasn't nice, and sometimes I got rashes. I still wear the post-op brace but that doesn't give me any problems apart from me beinng incredibly itchy.

I use to tell people I was wearing a bullet proof jacket when they asked. First off because I didn't want them to know, But later oon when I didn't mind so much I just said it to see their reaction :lol:

Its like wearing a hard plastic corset :woe: , I got rashes under my armpits and on my right hip

:) I'm definatly keeping them

GillyG
11th March 2008, 07:23 PM
What a fantastic collection Emily! I too like the space design best, but best of all has to be the nice STRAIGHT one at the end!! :spin:

Mike
11th March 2008, 07:43 PM
Nice collection Em.

Grandma Tortoise wouldn't let me throw my lightweight leg cast away after my accidental kneecapping, I think because of the length of time I was in it, and her happy memories of me being a crotchety, miserable git undergoing daily physio. Gone now of course as I didn't know what to do with it when we emptied her house in sunny P'boro. :cry:

tonibunny
11th March 2008, 07:44 PM
Wow they're amazing!! I really wish we'd had those patterns back when I wore braces. Back then we just had nasty flourescent "flesh" pink (no-one on earth has flesh that colour!!).

I particularly like the second one, in camo design.....you could really convince people that you're a special SAS agent and that is your bulletproof body armour with that one ;-)

madmclw
11th March 2008, 10:57 PM
That is QUITE the coolest collection I've ever seen =] I really wish I'd had one :lol:

I'm such a weirdo XD

Round The Twist
11th March 2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by tonibunny@Mar 11 2008, 06:44 PM
Wow they're amazing!! I really wish we'd had those patterns back when I wore braces. Back then we just had nasty flourescent "flesh" pink (no-one on earth has flesh that colour!!).

I particularly like the second one, in camo design.....you could really convince people that you're a special SAS agent and that is your bulletproof body armour with that one ;-)
Yeah, my first post-op brace was the same lovely colour you describe Toni LOL
I couldn't wait to pick out the design for my post op brace this time, I'm such a baby at times, I had the blue camo design on mine.
I must get a pick of it on here sometime, but it basically looked like Maddys post op brace, same basic design, mine now resides on the top of my wardrobe cos I don't want to chuck it, and sometimes still put it on if I'm in a lot of pain :-)

MOB
12th March 2008, 11:53 PM
Mine was an off white colour.... I flung it in the bin.

shortgirl
14th March 2008, 04:19 AM
I'm so jealous, those are so neat! Back when I had braces all I got was the plain ugly white kind.

VincySweety
14th March 2008, 01:49 PM
Very impressive collection Emily :-) I'd definitely hold on to them and do something to display them as Jean suggested. I like the pattern on the post-op one the best :-)

cork_lass
14th March 2008, 05:32 PM
Very nice collection Emily :-) I only had to wear a support corset and it used to keep slipping down and drove me mad. I would have loved one of your cool braces. :niceone:

jfkimberly
17th March 2008, 05:04 AM
Before I knew what I was looking at (I don't pay attention to topics, do I?), I was thinking what an artistic photo. Fabulous collection, Emily! Would be an interesting art project...

crkcallie
24th March 2008, 09:19 PM
Nice pictures. I like how creative you made them look.

Jonny
25th March 2008, 05:01 AM
Ah, wow - I remember looking through the pattern book at Stanmore trying to decide which one was for me. It seemed you had a field day with that! :-) great collection!

It's not so impressive, but here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/jonajsil/83a54cdc.jpg) is my pre-op brace, which I had from summer 2003 until July 2004, and my denim pattern post-op brace which I had for another three months. My post-revision brace was much less exciting - plain white...

Sarah
25th March 2008, 07:21 PM
They look so cool. I'd never have thrown mine away if they looked like yours. I wish they made them like that when I was younger lol.

lady p
27th March 2008, 12:41 AM
What fantastic colours Emily - they look really cool - I liked your idea of telling people it was a bullet proof vest :lol:

I will be getting a post op brace - nice to see there are some great designs

kiri15
8th April 2008, 10:17 AM
wow!
thats a cool looking collection of braces.
I just have a plain white one.. boring me.
hehe :-)
Kiri
xox

Emily-Evanopsi
16th April 2008, 09:06 PM
can I just say that Sarah - Love your avatar! Calvin is amazing! (so is Hobbes)

That was very random..

=P