PDA

View Full Version : first follow-up appointment

Jonny
25th September 2004, 11:42 PM
Tomorrow I'm off to Swindon to see Charlotte, Liv, Sinead and Titch, and then Monday morning I'm taking the train with Titch into London for my first followup appointment, at Bolsover Street.

With luck this time I'll GET THERE. In case my long strings of profanity and turning the air blue didn't reach you the other week, on the 13th I was supposed to have the appointment, but got stuck on a train and missed the entire clinic.

So this is the first time I've been looked at since surgery, and it's now been two and a half months. I'm going to plead to let me have my post-op brace off, and I'm going to bring my new camera and take pictures of my x-rays.

I'm going to find out what my curves are, I hope, and if I get a chance, read my op notes out of pure curiosity.

Wish me luck for Monday! :wave:

Blair
25th September 2004, 11:49 PM
Best of luck! I hope you have fun meeting up with everyone again, and that your appointment goes well!

Kaja
26th September 2004, 12:00 AM
Good luck! Man, you really should have those x-rays on the pc :roll:

Joy
26th September 2004, 03:30 AM
Good Luck! I'm sure everything will be just fine this time around! I'll think of you on Monday!

jfkimberly
26th September 2004, 05:32 AM
Ooooh, good luck, Jonny! Have a great weekend visiting with everybody, and come back Monday evening to tell us how the appointment went. I can't wait to hear your report. *still frustrated at the extra two-week delay*

Lieve
26th September 2004, 02:31 PM
Good luck with your appointment tomorrow, Jonny! I'm thrilled to hear what the results of your op are.

andrea
26th September 2004, 06:30 PM
Don't you just love the transport in this country?? Getting stuck on a train sounds absolutely normal to me! Sorry you missed your previous appt though. Hope all goes well tomorrow and you don't have the problems with notes that I had (they wouldn't let me look, in case you missed it on on the infantile board). Best of luck! Looking forward to hearing how it went.

A&E

Carly
26th September 2004, 10:22 PM
Good Luck Jonny, cant wait to hear what your correction is!

Andrea- I wish we had trains to get stuck on!

jamiebug44
27th September 2004, 12:57 AM
good luck and be safe jonny!

Marti
27th September 2004, 04:50 AM
Good luck! I'm excited to see the xrays and here how things are. *crosses fingers that transportation doesn't let jonny down*

Jessica*
27th September 2004, 06:23 AM
I really hope you make this appointment, and we're all eager to see these new x-rays. Just about 21 more hours to go until your appointment (judging from Australian time, hopefully my calculations were correct)
All the best for Monday, I guess we'll all see you here then.

titch
27th September 2004, 10:31 AM
Well, hopefully Jonny is already at the clinic even as I type this, as he and I got into London with plenty of time to spare :-) We should hear more this afternoon!

tonibunny
27th September 2004, 02:04 PM
He's back, he's back!!! I just spoke to him on MSN and he showed me his X-rays. They are AMAZING! They're going to be really encouraging for anyone facing scoliosis surgery! :D

Blair
27th September 2004, 03:22 PM
:jump: Can't wait to see them!

BlueIce
27th September 2004, 03:23 PM
if he's back he should be here telling us how it went :-)
I'm too curious!

tonibunny
27th September 2004, 03:32 PM
He's gone to school for the afternoon - I guess he'll be back here asap this evening!

Jonny
27th September 2004, 06:41 PM
um... hi! :-D

Thanks to Titch's company I made the appointment an hour early, and came out at the time I was due in :-D

Most importantly:

http://onfinite.com/libraries/68957/295.jpg pre-op, A/P view
http://onfinite.com/libraries/68958/80c.jpg post-op, A/P view
http://onfinite.com/libraries/68959/ce6.jpg post-op, lateral view
According to the doctor, the curves aren't large enough to be worth measuring!

The lumps - "They're normal, but if they get sore, come back and tell us." ...presumably so they can chop 'em off.

Apparently it'll take a good six months after surgery before everything settles pain-wise. which is nice to know.

Even more importantly,

MY BRACE CAN COME OFF! :rofl:
in two weeks.

I'll be free for the first time since last July! :party: :monkey:

All in all, great appointment - and I go back in three months.

Blair
27th September 2004, 06:48 PM
That is just SO fantastic! :party:

Kaja
27th September 2004, 06:52 PM
Grrrreat correction! :D That's amazing! I'm happy for yoooou :P

jfkimberly
27th September 2004, 07:10 PM
AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your pre- and post- xrays, Jonny. Your correction looks fantastic, and I'm thrilled for you. Congrats on getting to go brace-free in two weeks, too!

sins
27th September 2004, 07:38 PM
You must be exhausted after that early start! The x rays look amazing, it's a superb correction and even better you can get rid of that brace.Must admit I'm highly impressed with your dedication to school, if that were me I'd have had a nice day off! :-D

BlueIce
27th September 2004, 08:21 PM
it looks great, that's all I can say :-)

andrea
27th September 2004, 09:50 PM
That's such good news Jonny, and I am really pleased for you. It's great to read such a success story and to see fantastic xrays. Your story is truly an inspiration to those facing surgery.

Lieve
27th September 2004, 11:43 PM
Wow, Jonny your xrays look fantastic. I'm sure most of us are jalous on your post-op curves. ;-)

Jonny
27th September 2004, 11:59 PM
aww, thank you guys :kiss: Sins - I can say for the very first time in my life that I enjoy school. Although, yes, I was exhausted... getting up at 4.30am... I can't believe all that happened today!

Andrea, I'm awed. :oops:

Joy
28th September 2004, 01:45 AM
I may just have to murder you and steal that spine for myself!! just kidding, don't hurt me. That's really amazing correction you got, you ust be so pleased!! And that's wonderful that you can ditch the brace soon, too! And it's also good that you'r enjoying school.

Jessica*
28th September 2004, 02:41 PM
Ha, could those pictures be any larger?
But those pictures are great, what a fantastic correction!
One question: were the x-rays taken with brace on or off? (good news about the 2 weeks also :D)

lindzi_11
28th September 2004, 11:54 PM
awesome correction! :niceone:

Marti
29th September 2004, 01:38 AM
ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC!!!! The xrays are beautiful. I must say I'm pretty stupid though, as I thought the pre op one said post op and I sat here for a few minutes looking at the xray, quite confused. And congrats about the brace! I'm sur eyou must be ecstatic.

Abbi
30th September 2004, 01:09 PM
WOW jonny thats fantibulastic (my new word.....) I wish you all the very best with your recovery!!!!!