PDA

View Full Version : New Diagnosis - Scheuermann's Disease

babygirlanddamama
17th February 2008, 01:37 AM
I am new here and my daughter 14 was recently diagnosed and will undergo fusion surgery. No date yet. Would like to know others who have gone throught the surgery and how it went and what to expect. I am a stay at home mom of 6.

sarah1247
17th February 2008, 01:53 AM
i had this surgery twice and if you have any specific questions i would be happy to answer them!

Kentish
17th February 2008, 03:49 AM
Welcome to SSO.

Theres quite a few of us on here that have been through a spinal fusion. I'm yet to meet anyone who regrets its even though the surgery is quite major. You'll find quite a few stories and experiences posted by people but do you have any specific questions?

Amazed Jean
17th February 2008, 05:57 PM
Mama, Welcome to SSO. Congratulations on finding us. My usual first advice is to get a notebook and have your daughter get one too. Write down your questions as you think of them. You might want to write in answers as you get them too. (I promise you are going to forget some answers and will want to refer to your notes.) The next thing that you should know is that in the over 1000 people here and several I have met other places, it appears that no two cases are exactly alike. But there are other people - lots of them; that have been through what is happening to your daughter and to you.