PDA

View Full Version : Trying another Doc

bjune
7th February 2008, 12:29 AM
Okay all, I was on another site that has a section on Dr's and hospitals. There are a lot of people with scoliosis and kyphosis, they list doc's by name and location, they rank them quite well(or not well/what ever the case may be). One doc that kept coming up was in St. Louis, he is partners with Bridwell, a Dr. lawrence Lenke.
I wrote him a letter. I told him what I have been told by other doc's what my daily life is like. I told him that I have done my research, I know what is involved in having surgery, the risks, the possibility that it "won't" reduce my pain ect.. I told him that I didn't want to drive almost 700 miles to be told to "live with it" again. His nurse called me today. He has had them schedule me an appointment on 2/27 for a surgical consultation. So, wish me God's grace on this one. I will keep you all posted. bjune

tonibunny
7th February 2008, 12:41 AM
Good luck Bjune, I know that Lawrence Lenke has had some good feedback on the NSF forum (which I presume is where you looked!) so I'm sure you're doing the right thing :-)

Amazed Jean
7th February 2008, 03:28 AM
Congratulations! I hope the time flies by for you and then that your appointment proves helpful. It's past time to have your pain and concerns addressed by someone competent. Sounds like you found a great place to go. Keep us posted.

GillyG
7th February 2008, 11:45 AM
Not too long to wait then... I hope all goes well for you. Don't forget to pop back and update us! :D