View Full Version : Kyphosis

6th February 2008, 10:02 AM
This is Jyothi from India. I am 25 years old female. I have 100 degrees TB Kyphosis because of that chest deformity happend. now i am getting severe back pain so i am looking for treatment which can made me as normal person. if anyone undergone for surgery or anyone knows the specialists please let me know. suggestions are always welcome.
Thanks & Regards

6th February 2008, 10:23 AM
Hi and welcome to sso jyothi 27t

There is a few of us that have kyphosis so we will try to give you the answer
to your questions.

First as your curve is so big have you been to see a specialists already or just your family doctor ???

Have you tried to research a specialist in india ???


6th February 2008, 10:47 AM
This was the reply from jyothi she sent this to my email address also i think this needs more in deph advice from some of the mods or more experienced and i think it needs to be moved to the kphosis room .....

Hi Simon

I have seen your suggestion in the Scoliosis Support.

I need a suggestion from you thatís what I am writing this mail to you.

This is Jyothi from India. I am 25 years old female.

I have 100 degrees of TB Kyphosis because of that Chest deformity also happened.

Now I am getting unbearable back pain thatís what I am looking for treatment which can made me as normal person.

I will explain how the deformity happened to me. By birth I donít have any disease till 4 years I was fine.

At 4 years kid fever, chickenpox together happened after that mild stomach pain stared when I get down any steps etc.

and at that time itself deformity started

I have visited so many doctors, they have treated in different ways. They are unable stop deformity.

Till now I didnít get any solution.

Because of backside deformity chest part also got deformity and it stopped the grow the my height also.

Now my height is 4í 11Ē

I am looking for the treatment which can made as normal human person. I am fed up with my health.

Please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards


6th February 2008, 01:59 PM
Hurray! I successfully moved the thread! (I'm sorry, again, for deleting your topic earlier, Simon!)

6th February 2008, 02:18 PM
Thats ok kimeberly hope your watch is still synchronized (private joke)

Ha Ha its still live in the common room

8th February 2008, 06:38 AM
Hello Jyothi and welcome to SSO. Sorry its taken so long to reply to your post. We dont usually get that many new topics in this thread so I think this one has been overlooked.

I'm really sorry that you've had so many health problems. It really sounds like you've had a rough time of it. Have you been to see an orthopedic specialist who has experience of treating kyphosis? I think that due to you having a number of problems, you really need to find someone that has a lot of experience with kyphosis and how all your other problems may have affected you. Unfortunately I'm not sure if ayone here would know many specialists in India. Where abouts in India are you? I certainly dont mind doing a bit of research for you to see who is close to you that would be able to help. Are you in a situation where you could travel to another country to see a specialist or are you looking for someone as close to home as possible? There are a few excellent Indian doctors who specialise in spinal surgery but it really depends where abouts you live as to how close a good one would be.

In the mean time you obviously need to see a doctor to help with your pain. I know from my 3 months traveling around India that a lot of chemists will prescribe quite strong pain killers without the need for a prescription from your doctor and it helps to cut down on cost. But it helps if you can see a doctor so you can get some advice about which would suit you best. A lot of us had to try many different combinations of pain killers before we found any that helped so it might take a while to find the right combination for you.

It may take some time but stick with it and if you can give us some more information about where you are and how far you can realistically travel, we can certainly look for some information for you.


8th February 2008, 10:32 AM
Hi there :welcome:

Can't really add anything to what Gareth and the others have said but just wanted to welcome you to the site and say that we will help support you in any way we can. :-)

Gilly xx

8th February 2008, 10:54 AM

Thanks for your valuable replies.
I need a solution very urgently Please suggest me


8th February 2008, 12:47 PM
Hi jyothi

You need to read gareths thread and answer some of the questions he has asked as we can then maybe do some research for you with regard a specialist in india.

I know you must feel desperate but we need info of you to help you further

Amazed Jean
8th February 2008, 07:22 PM
Jyorthi, Welcome to SSO. I totally agree with what the guys have already said. You need someone talented to get you quality care. You deserve to feel better. I would like to add that I tell all newcomers to carry a notebook so they can write down questions as you think of them. If you have xrays and scans try to get copies of them too. If you keep track of these things they are less likely to get lost. Keep us posted - we are all anxious to help!

13th February 2008, 08:08 AM
Hi All

Thanks for all of your valuable replies.

Here I am sending my MRI Scan. Please look into that

Steps to open

1. Click on link it will redirect to rapidshare site

2. Click on Free button

3. Download and unzip the folder

4. Click on "AutoRun" it will ask directory location and Click on ok button

5. Select anyone of the images and Select View from the right pane

6.Click on Scroll Menu and Select Auto Movie then you can view how spine works

Thanks & Regards

13th February 2008, 01:09 PM
Hi am not going to try to download anythink as i have done that before and a huge whopping virus came crashing into my computer

If you have had a mri scan the doctor must of looked at it and advised you ???
HAs a doctor looked at your mri and if so what are the results

20th February 2008, 05:31 PM
Hi jyothi_27t

I have emailed your pics to mark whos far better equipped at giving you some advice.

It looks as though your curve is in excess of 100 degrees is that right and have you had this without seeing a kyphosis specialist ??

21st February 2008, 09:25 AM

I have started a new thread for your pics