PDA

View Full Version : Yay- just started physio

abbysmith1983
28th January 2008, 03:35 PM
Hi peeps.

Haven't been on for a while cos a) i've been busy/ lazy ha ha

and b) really haven't had anything new to report.

However, I am really plased and positive at the minute. Seen as in my 22mths since diagnosis all I have had are numerous consultations, scans and painkillers- nothing to actually help, I began physio last week.

Okay, so I know it was only my first session, but I felt so pleased that someone was actually doing something substantial to help. And the physio, Jo has scoliosis so all the stupid little things like it hurting when I lift the kettle or bend a certain way- she understood!! (I am obv. v grateful that my Scheurmann's isn't much worse, but it does affect things that I do and so far doctors seem to have thought it shouldn't be hurting, therefore I was being overdramatic.)

Jo showed me how to do some strengthening pelvic exercises, and also explained that as my curve worsened I have started to slouch and stand stooped. When she corrected my posture and showed me how to stand as straight as the kyphosis will allow but it felt so strange. I felt completely off balance and like I was going to fall over.

Have to keep doing my exercises and then go back in 2wks.

GillyG
28th January 2008, 04:38 PM
Excellent, I'm glad you're finally getting some treatment, and with someone who really understands too - what a bonus :D

Amazed Jean
28th January 2008, 07:03 PM
I'm glad you are back and the physio is going great. Please keep us posted.

Sandman77
28th January 2008, 11:05 PM
So what kind is it your doing? heard about Schroth?

mark
1st February 2008, 02:20 AM
Great news

Pleased to see you back

mark