PDA

View Full Version : Kurbin Brace

Sandman77
21st January 2008, 07:10 PM
Somehow my replies are not here the ones I added the last few days... :(

Anyways people asked about this Kurbin Brace what highly recommended is for adults with pain to wear... The one Im getting prolly tomorrow... I posted a few links with pics of it on a reply here...

Well I met ITS CREATOR!!! Nice man!!! With Luck he should aid tomorrow with fitting my brace!!! I asked for info in English saying I hadnt found anyo online.... Hes sending me some etc. :)

Darn cool :)

Thaleias spirit
23rd January 2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Sandman77@Jan 21 2008, 07:10 PM
Somehow my replies are not here the ones I added the last few days... :(

William, sorry about that.
I know I checked your posts the other day and I'm sure I approved them to be added so don't know what happened. I checked back through possts but definitely don't see them anywhere .. the one syou made earlier has been approved however.

But thanks for trying to get more info on the Kubin brace,
I'd be really interested to hear more about it! :)

chele

Sandman77
25th January 2008, 11:34 AM
I should get mine on tuesday saw it a few mins ago in action on a lady with lots of pain, it looked quite comfortable and stylish...

I hope to get that info though in English... The brace itself is to prevent pain in every day life not used for corrections. Also aid with keeping your spine in right place without pressure which a normal brace has...

Will post pics of mine defintly..

Sandman77
27th January 2008, 03:14 PM
Here a pics of the Kubin brace:

Kubin brace pics (http://www.skoliose-info-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=9987)

The info is in German states approx the following: Its not a correctional brace just a new found supportive brace to be worn a few hours a day. German healthcare fights against paying for it but our Doctor at the Clinic fights for you 4 it... Its also only for adults in mind mostly direct against pain...

The person wearing this brace sits at my table... Will post pics of mine in blue when I get it...

mark
27th January 2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks for posting the pic

It does like it could give lots of support

I hope it easies your pain and discomfort

I'm intrigued however to know why the health care do not like it does it cost a lot of money

tonibunny
27th January 2008, 10:09 PM
It looks like it could be really helpful for when you know that stretching your lumbar spine will ease your pain. I've often wished something like this was available!

I guess you won't be wearing it regularly though, as it's important to maintain strong core stability (abdominal) muscles?

Sandman77
27th January 2008, 10:58 PM
Mark: It costs ive heard approx 2500 euros... I cannot verify this all I can say that the healthcare will most likely later this year include it in their list of supported braces they cover...

ToniBunny: Your right, if you just wear it to much your muscles decrease all though its very flexible you are encouraged to live an active life without wearing it as well. Work best with Schorthing or other forms of sports...

from what I hear docs recommends it only to be worn when you know your spine will have alot of tension/stress perhaps during work or while doing your gardenwork...

Not to be worn at night nor 23 hours a day...

Sandman77
6th March 2008, 10:58 PM
Wee the mail had a nice letter for me...

From Mr. Kubin with the informationbrochure about the Brace in english!!! Will upload it hopefully this weekend somewhere and share the link here alongside a pic of me in my new brace and or at schrothing at home...