PDA

View Full Version : JUST BEEN FOR MY PRE OP

Simon
9th January 2008, 04:10 PM
Hi guys and girls
Today was the day i went for my pre operation assessment at hope hospital manchester under the supervision of mr williamson and surgical care practitioner carla morris.....

YES YES YES

I walked in the hospital this morning very very nervous indeed it felt like i had done something naughty my tummy was in knots.
I was thinking that the mr williamson was going to say no again as previously he had to postpone my operation due to acne on my back..............
But no i got the all clear for my back to be straightened out yeeeeeeeeeessssssssss
At last the words i had been waiting for.
i was nearly in tears when he said we can get you back on the list......(thank you mr williamson).
Its been a long time coming but only a few more weeks left till d day. :niceone:
Once i had a chat to mr williamson of i popped for all my tests to be done first to x ray for a lateral full spine view..........I also seen a really nice girl in a wheelchair with her sister who has had a fusion for scoliosis 2 years ago but there is something wrong with her rods so she was having a revised surgery on tues (good luck)
Then off to give some of my blood for testing,then had to go and have a ecg and lung test.Now that was hard 4 times you have to blow into this machine by the third time my lungs were feeling they were going to blow up.
Then finally this is after 4hrs there my little legs carried me back down to pre op room were the nurse told what i needed to know about the upcoming surgery......
Now its a matter of waiting for my date to come though the post yyyyyiippppeeee :-)
What a weight thats been lifted am so excited but so nervous........
I will keep you all posted when i get a date though........thanks for reading....

jfkimberly
9th January 2008, 04:28 PM
Congrats on the approval, sibowainwright! I hope you get a date soon so you can finally get this behind you and start on the process of healing. Good luck, and keep us posted!

GillyG
9th January 2008, 08:01 PM
Yay, you're finally on your way at last! :spin:

Please keep us updated, hope you don't have too long a wait.

ariec924
9th January 2008, 09:59 PM
Yay! Hopefully it will be soon and you can have this all behind you. After the surgery is behind you it can only get better. :-)

Simon
9th January 2008, 11:32 PM
am hoping so ariec am nervous but exicted
Thank u all for your support

mark
10th January 2008, 01:26 AM
Really pleased to read things are progressing for you

Lets hope you don't have to wait too long

Kentish
10th January 2008, 07:02 AM
Excellent news Simon :-)

Lets hope they dont keep you waiting too long. And remember, the surgery really isnt as bad as you think its gonna be so stay positive and you'll come out the other end feeling better, looking better and hopefully with the spine you've been waiting so long for. Good luck matey