PDA

View Full Version : results??

Arthur
3rd January 2008, 05:29 PM
Hi all! ( My english sux :D )

Im going to non-surgical treatment (exercises, swimming, massages) for 6 months.

So i wanted to ask, has anybody felt results on himselv, did really these things help?? :???:

Ortho said if after these 6 months situation didnt get better, i'll be needed in operation ( if be honest, i want this operation )

I hope u all understand, what im trying to ask.. :xgrin:

Arthur.

Arthur
3rd January 2008, 05:42 PM
AND - IS ANY 1 WEARING BRACE AFTER 15 YEARS??

my ortho( best in my country ) sayd that braces wears from 9 to 13 years and in my 16 years brace will nothing change..

but i think, that brace my body in right position, and it is helpfull..

im lost :(

BeckyH
3rd January 2008, 11:35 PM
arthur i think that what your doctor said about bracing is generally correct. if you want to gain correction from a brace (or even stabilise a curve), it's only effective in people who are still growing. most girls will have stopped growing by 16, you may not have done, but i could understand if your doctor didn't want to put you through it as you may be finished growing soon and it wouldn't make a difference.

Little Ali
4th January 2008, 12:08 AM
Hi Arthur,

I have got pain relief from massage and exercise but don't think it can help stabilise a curve or stop it from progressing.

jamielynn
4th January 2008, 01:02 AM
Hi Arthur,
I went on the same plan as you, but it didn't work to well for me.
Exercising has just helped me get rid of pain and stiffness, but not with the curve.
I found out that I'm getting surgery this summer
I'm really glad though because I'm sick of my back!

Arthur
4th January 2008, 08:19 AM
BeckyH - i will grow in next year, i know it 100%, cause my dad is 1,90m, and im now only ~1,72m.

strange, but even with my scoliosis, ~ 30 degrees, im visiting gym almost every day and do all exercises, to grow my muscles ( not only back ) and i think my back is better then earlyier. ( i just cant live without gym :( )

im going to do x-rays in next 5-6 days, and then i will this x-rays with x-rays 6 months ago.

jamielynn
4th January 2008, 08:20 PM
Arthur,
I definetly understand the gym part. I love going to the gym, I mostly do running and bicycling... weights are very hard for me because my arms are wek all the time lol

Sandman77
15th January 2008, 04:01 PM
You should get yourself a brace and do Schroth it will help and decrease your curve when done correctly... Plus you can goto gym everyday and swim while doing this... Then when your done growing your skeletal that is at around age 23? You could be straight and stay this way just by keeping yourself fit...

jfkimberly
15th January 2008, 06:18 PM
Sandman, I think that it could be a language/translation issue, but perhaps not... but I do think that you should be careful not to make absolute statements about Schroth therapy's efficacy barring verifiable data to support it. Instead of saying "it will help and decrease your curve," you should instead say "it may help and decrease the curve." I'm also concerned with your assertion that simply by keeping fit we can keep our backs straight. Perhaps this is not what you meant, but it is the way your post reads.

jamielynn
16th January 2008, 01:34 AM
No offense to Sandman, but you sound kinda like you are trying to tell people that doing the schroth method WILL work....
it just might make someones hopes go up too much, that's all

Sandman77
16th January 2008, 02:50 PM
Ok righto, it could do you alot of good and while at it keep on being in the gym alot...

jfkimberly
17th January 2008, 02:34 PM
Absolutely, I agree with you that good muscle tone in your back can be of immense benefit at helping to support your spine and reduce levels of pain. For this reason, I think that something akin to Schroth has potential. But I reserve judgment on its ability to actually correct a curve--especially when there are vertebral anomalies as the root.

Sandman77
17th January 2008, 07:27 PM
JFKimberly your Scolio stats sound familiar with mine...

What you doing against your problems? Btw. I have it since birth too and one kidney...

You in any brace?