PDA

View Full Version : Spinecor - 6 month review

RugbyLaura
10th December 2007, 04:37 PM
Hi, we have just returned from Immy's 6 month review with Ashley Cole & Andrew Mills. Fabulous news! Out of brace xray measured 27 or 25 degrees (depending on who you asked!). This is down from 38 degrees 6 months ago. :hammer: Needless to say we are THRILLED. Spinecor is incredible. I wish every child had access to it. This does not mean that she WILL avoid surgery but that there is slightly more chance of avoiding it. At the least, the good news is that she won't need the op any time soon, therefore buying important growing time...

(a very happy) Laura xx

pink_candy_swirl
10th December 2007, 04:59 PM
Aw that's great! She was soooo close to the surgery line. YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazed Jean
10th December 2007, 05:56 PM
Congratulations, I am so happy for all of you that the curve is actually being reduced. You're right that it might not prevent surgery but at least she will get in some good growth time. Good Job Mom.

sins
10th December 2007, 08:09 PM
That's wonderful to hear ! It's very encouraging to see how well she's doing.
Sins

kidz taxi
10th December 2007, 08:42 PM
Thats realy good news :niceone:

GillyG
10th December 2007, 09:33 PM
Wow, that's what I call a result! :D Fantastic news that she will have more 'growing time', even if she does need surgery in the long run. I'm SO chuffed for you both :spin:

:squeeze:

Gilly xx

jfkimberly
10th December 2007, 11:56 PM
Congratulations on the great update! I really like the concept of the Spinecor brace for mild to moderate curves. It has a lot of potential to get things going in the right direction while still allowing for good muscle tone and flexibility. Some curves are stubborn, of course, especially when there's a vertebral anomaly at the cause, but whenever possible I think Spinecor should be considered.

RosieRich
12th December 2007, 10:00 PM
That's brilliant news Laura. Spinecor was obviously the right decision!
Sam :hammer:

Nicki
14th December 2007, 11:55 PM
Wow!!!

What fantastic news Laura you must be so relieved. :D

Love Nicki :xgrin:

Arthur
19th December 2007, 08:29 PM
Congratz!! ;)

Can u say to me ( not english ppl :D ) what is Spinecor ??

GillyG
19th December 2007, 09:16 PM
Spinecor is a type of brace Arthur, only instead of being rigid, it uses flexible bands which wrap around the body to hold the curve stable - and even offer some correction in some cases too! I'm afraid my description is a bit poor as I have no first-hand experience of braces, but I'm sure the others will come on to explain it better to you! :D

RugbyLaura
20th December 2007, 10:16 AM
Arthur, Gilly's description was perfect. You could have a look on their website - www.spinecorporation.com (http://www.spinecorporation.com). Spinecor is generally used for pre-adolescent children with smallish curves, however I have heard of older people using it for pain management. It is not a miracle cure - nothing is - but I strongly believe that it offers the best option for many children. I think it's a terrible shame that it's not well known in this country; We only found out about it through the NSF forum and we met a lot of hostility from various people when we expressed an interest in trying it out.

There are two other members of this forum who have daughters wearing Spinecor, anyone wanting to know more, please pm me!

Laura