PDA

View Full Version : ow

Joy
9th September 2004, 12:35 AM
My back's been soooo sore lately and my shoulders and neck are cramped and kind of burning almost all the time. :cry: Plus now that I'm back at school I have to sit in those stupid moulded plastic chairs (ie very uncomfortable to begin with plus chair digging into fusion equals bad) and carry a backpack. I started off this semester with only 2 textbooks and now I have 4. PLus the weathe is just gross, which always makes my rib (or lack thereof) hurt.

hehe. I know you can't really do anything but I felt like complaining and knew you guys would listen. I don't think my familiy believes me about how much pain I'm in. I mean the doctor said my back was fine so ...

Anyways, I just need some hugs.

Blair
9th September 2004, 12:58 AM
I fully believe that all school chairs should be burned! They are MISERABLE! In one of my classes, my back is definitely NOT shaped like that chair, no matter how much I sit up, or slouch. I just asked the professor if I could stand through the almost 2 hour lecture instead.... Grrrr...
Never realized what a luxury a normal, bendy back was until recently

Anyhow, *BIG HUGS*

floralgypsy
9th September 2004, 01:00 AM
:squeeze:
I remember having to go to school with a huge backpack and often a clarinet/saxophone in tow - it isn't easy and does make your back ache. The best thing I could do was carry my books of leave them in my locker until I needed them. Holding the books in your arms in front of you may make your arms tired, but it makes it less of a strain on your back. Hope you are feeling better soon.

lindzi_11
9th September 2004, 01:40 AM
My back has been killing me over the past 3 weeks... hehe may be because i don't wear my brace enough.. but i hope ur back feeels better soon Joy xox

Amazed Jean
9th September 2004, 02:15 AM
I remember the book thing being pure misery until I asked a couple teachers to leave one copy of the class book at home and borrowed a copy from them for classroom use. I also still carry a sloppy old cushion in both of my cars that I can scrunch around in the worst chairs to help acheive some comfort. In a pinch I've borrowed coats and jackets of others to make a suitable "nest" to sit in for an hour at a time. I still do that in miserable restaurant chairs. My husband has the worst - really wrinkly jackets.

Carly
10th September 2004, 12:21 AM
HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS
:squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: Hope you feel better!

titch
10th September 2004, 12:33 PM
:hug: :squeeze: Something which might help a little is if you can get some over the counter gel (gel is soooo much better than cream) with ibuprofen and menthol in it, and use that on your neck and shoulders before bed - works best that way, as physical warmth helps the gel to do it's work. Really hope you feel better soon!

Joy
11th September 2004, 01:51 AM
Thanks everyone. I do have some of that cream and it works OK for the muscular pain. I'm actually feeling quite a bit better now, I went riding on Wednesday night and my dad's been in a good mood so I'm in a much more relaxed state of mind, which means the pain doesn't get to me so much.

hehe Carly - just what I needed.

lindzi_11
11th September 2004, 03:11 PM
i was in lots of back pain after a dance i went too. It killed! And i was only dancing too and my back was in pain.

Blair
11th September 2004, 08:56 PM
Joy- glad you're feeling better! I know my muscle spasams always get worse if I'm in a crabby mood- I just get more and more aggrivated and tense... And I find riding helps. Gets you moving again, and your mind on other things.

Marti
11th September 2004, 11:07 PM
I know exactly what you mean about the chairs. we have the ones that are attached to the desk, and you either have to sit up so straight that your back isn't touching them, or else slouch so low that only your shoulder blades touch it. By the end of the day my upper back is always really sore.

I'm glad you're feeling better! adn I agree with Charlotte. Carrying your books in your arms instead really does make it easier. *hugs*

Carly
11th September 2004, 11:49 PM
I had to switch to my heaby duty backpak cause my messenger bag was way to hard on my back... it feels alot better but it is not as stylish! ;)