PDA

View Full Version : letter from hospital

Little~shedevil~dee
2nd September 2004, 06:55 PM
i got a letter from the hospital today it said
dear miss whetter
your doctor has asked us to arrange an appoinment for you to see mr lehovsky .
The current waiting time for this kind of appointment is approximately 17 weeks. We are sorry that you will have to wait this long for your appointment. I can assure you that we are doing everything we can to reduce our waiting times.

We wil write to you four weeks before your appointment is due, and ask you to phone our department.We can arrange a date and time

wish i didnt have to wait 4 months to get an appointment
but at least the ball is rolling

BarmyArmy
2nd September 2004, 07:33 PM
Sorry that you have to wait a bit but at least you're on the list and will get to see someone, hopefully you'll get the answers you're after and they can help you. :squeeze:

sins
2nd September 2004, 08:44 PM
Dee, that's great news.We were wondering what had happened with that letter.I guess the waiting time isn't as bad as I'd feared.You know you'll be getting the best medical opinion and if there's anything to be done for you, they'll do it.
Sins

Joy
2nd September 2004, 09:34 PM
Hey Dee, that's great!! I waited ages too, 5 months to see my surgeon and then another 5 to go to the scoliosis clinic. I hope they can help you!!

Jonny
2nd September 2004, 09:40 PM
Great news! :-) The girl in the bed opposite mine in Stanmore had Mr Lehovsky and by all accounts, he's a very very good surgeon.

jfkimberly
3rd September 2004, 07:41 AM
Four months is great news? Maybe I shouldn't post to this thread...

Well, good luck with your appointment Dee. I hope it goes well when you finally get in.

BlueIce
3rd September 2004, 11:11 AM
4 months is long, but even though I had the most boring vacation ever, time did fly. So with a bit of luck it'll be time for your appointment before you know it.

Little~shedevil~dee
3rd September 2004, 01:46 PM
Thanks guys i do hope time does fly by i am going to start a college course so hopefully that will help keep me busy also theres christmas to look forward to so hopeully time will fly bye
thanks jonny telling about that girl

Jessica*
3rd September 2004, 01:46 PM
That's good news! Hey, atleast they have the decency to contact you and whatnot. Good effort on their behalf.

andrea
3rd September 2004, 03:39 PM
That's great news Dee. I've heard of Mr Lehovsky too, although will trust Jonny's bed partner (you know what I mean) saying he's good. Everyone I've come across at Stanmore has been brilliant.

4 months does seem a long time to me, although looking at the govt stats and stuff, it's probably quite normal.

Hope the time flies.....

Andrea

Pikey
4th September 2004, 01:34 PM
Good luck with the appointment , it's a great hospital even if it's in need of a lick of paint .I'm sure you will be fine , take care .

Little~shedevil~dee
4th September 2004, 04:39 PM
Thanks Tim and Andrea

Kayla
4th September 2004, 06:44 PM
atleast your getting started!

floralgypsy
4th September 2004, 09:50 PM
Great news, Dee, everything is finally happening for you. 17 weeks is quite a while, but at least you know that you are on the way.

Little~shedevil~dee
5th September 2004, 04:17 PM
yeah at least i know i will be seen by the right doctor this time and its worth the wait

Lieve
5th September 2004, 05:44 PM
Only the best doctor is good enough for such important parts of the body as the spine. It's great news you'll have your appointment even if it's 4 months waiting for.

Crazy16girl
5th September 2004, 05:53 PM
I was/am at stanmore. I had to wait 5 months for my first appointment. I got asked twice to have my operation before i did, once in march (but i was going to NYC in april so that was a no no) then again in May, but i was doing my GCSE's. My year appointment was meant to be in june, its got canceld 3 times and now is next month. Its a pain waiting so long, i know. I counted the days for my first appointment just to know what was what.

Little~shedevil~dee
5th September 2004, 06:22 PM
at least i get to pick a date and time thats good for me
hopefully time will fly because the pain has started to come back real bad

Crazy16girl
6th September 2004, 11:35 AM
Yeah, times flying so quick now! its craaaaaaaaaazy. Well i hope hte pain eases up for you :hug:

I cant wait till my next appointment either because of pain in my uppser back/shoulder blade.

BarmyArmy
6th September 2004, 11:50 AM
When is your appointment Tracy ?

Little~shedevil~dee
6th September 2004, 01:52 PM
the pain is in my lower back and in the middle , its worst in the morning just after i got up from bed

good lucy with yours tracey :squeeze:

Little~shedevil~dee
6th September 2004, 08:05 PM
also i have been felling sick and i have been getting very bad pains in my tummy but i am not sure if thats a side affect from the pain killer i am on

Crazy16girl
7th September 2004, 01:03 PM
Erm im not sure of the exact date either 24/25 october i THINK, i shall ask my mummy and let you know. I dont know if its anything to do with my back aching but i havent slept well for 2 nghts due to my legs/shoulders aching aswell, and its really hard to stand up straight in the morning and walk.

Little~shedevil~dee
8th September 2004, 08:22 PM
any one that has been on amitriptyline have you had any side affects
??

Little~shedevil~dee
10th September 2004, 01:41 PM
yay i have an date its for 2nd of december at 2pm i am so happy i cant wait

jfkimberly
10th September 2004, 10:08 PM
Wow! That's only 3 months from when you were told it would be a 4 month wait. Congratulations, Dee! You seem to have beat the system this time. *grin*

:bounce: