PDA

View Full Version : Another good appointment!

jfkimberly
2nd September 2004, 02:08 AM
I saw my pulmonologist today for the first time in a couple of years. It went well, as the topic suggests. Nobody said anything about an ABG, and I didn't bring it up. *grin*

I have only good news to report: First of all, my lung volume has not diminished since my appointment in December of 2001 (almost 3 years ago). She said that there was even an (albeit, insignificant) increase in volume, though a greater effort today can't be ruled out.

Even better than that, though, she confirmed for me something that may seem obvious to you all: Increasing the volume of the chest cavity will permit the lungs to expand into the new space. So if my orthopaedist is able to operate and straighten me out, I should have better pulmonary function. My pulmonologist seemed very supportive of the idea of surgery, too.

Less than two weeks until my orthopedic appointment (September 14th)! I'll have real answers soon. I'm so excited!

Blair
2nd September 2004, 02:57 AM
That's awesome!

sins
2nd September 2004, 10:36 AM
That's excellent news Kimberly.
I'm delighted to hear that your pulmonologist is so supportive of surgery and that there is very real gain to be had from it.All the pieces of the jigsaw are falling nicely into place for you and now all that remains is to find the best Orthopedic surgeon for your case.Best of luck and we're right behind you all the way! :niceone:

BlueIce
2nd September 2004, 12:15 PM
yay! That's some good news you've got there. Let's hope the next appointment will be as satisfying (misspelled but you get the idea) as this one was.

mark
2nd September 2004, 01:16 PM
Great news kim i am really chuffed to bits for you lets hope september the 14th is just as positive

Jonny
2nd September 2004, 01:24 PM
Ooh, great! Good luck and let us know how you get on! It's the day before Sinead's, the day after mine, and a few days after Abbi's - a nice little run of appointments.

Leen, spelt perfectly :-)

jfkimberly
2nd September 2004, 08:51 PM
BlueIce: Jonny beat me to it... I was gonna tell you it was spelled perfectly, too.

Everybody: Thank you so much. Sometimes I feel silly posting all the time about my appointments. But you are all so supportive and encouraging. It's like you're right along with me on my search for answers. SSO is the best thing that's happened to me in a very long time (and my life is mostly good, so that's really saying something).

BarmyArmy
2nd September 2004, 08:53 PM
Yay that's great Kimberly :D

Liv
2nd September 2004, 10:07 PM
Good for you, Kim! :niceone: Good luck the 14th!!!

Joy
2nd September 2004, 10:18 PM
Yay!! I talked to you already on MSN, but I'm very happy for you. And good luck with your appointment on the 14th!!

sins
2nd September 2004, 10:57 PM
That's great Kimberly.Mine is on the 15 th so we'll be able to compare notes. :-D

jfkimberly
3rd September 2004, 08:43 AM
I look forward to it, Sinead! I hope yours is good news.