PDA

View Full Version : It's been a year!

Kaja
1st September 2004, 03:55 PM
Wow. It's my one year anniversary today, since my surgery, and I can't believe it. There are so many thoughts in my head right now, and I have no idea how to write them down. Most of them are good though!

It felt really weird, walking around the house today, changing the calenders from August to September. Ack. The memories. Exactly one year ago, I was in the ICU, and thrilled that I wasnt paralyzed :D Lol. I remember everything like it was yesterday. I'm afraid though, that in time I'll forget details. Ah, were all of you like this after a year? Like me?

I might have another op though, and that depresses me. I'll write more about why, before my appointment, which is September 24th. The thought of having to go through everything again, is horrible! I dont want to, but then I do. I'm torn. :cry:

But anyways. ONE YEAR, DAMMIT! It's so unreal. This year has sure gone fast! And it's been extremely different. Surgery changed my life, both mentally and physically. Everything I've done the past year, has been different. I've had to think about my back all the time, about moving and lifting and everything. Ah. And the first months at school! I was so scared about being hit or something. And the winter! I was terrified when walking on the ice. Ah. And it was the first one, since I was 2, that I didn't ski! Weird!

Tonight, I'm going to celebrate. My parents will buy me something, and my best friend Ingrid will come over. She's the one friend of mine, that truly understands all of this. She knows lots about Scoliosis, and is really excited about today :D It's nice.

What annoys me though, and what's sad about all this, is that people now think I'm all done with this 'back-thing'. "Oh, so you're normal now?".. Grr. I will always be crooked, and I will most likely have some kind of pain or discomfort all my life. I will always have restrictions. God, I sound pessimistic, but there are some good things too! I have the coolest scar, and I'm not like everyone else. It's kind of cool being 'special'. Very few 14 year olds have been through this, and I have experienced things they never will, or can imagine. Yes, Scoliosis can be fun! :joke: And of course, I have you guys. I can't imagine not 'meeting' all of you, you are the best :kiss:

This post is getting long. Well. I'll close up :D I'M ONE YEAR POST OP!! And painfree!! Almost anyways. I feel great, and it's amazing. Spinal surgery isn't a walk in the park ;-) (lol, I like that phrase)

:party:

Liv
1st September 2004, 03:59 PM
Let me be the first one to congratulate you! It was an important day in your life, but you’ve come out of it brilliantly! Keep going and giggling!!! :niceone: :D :cheers: :party: :spin:

PAAAARTTTAAAAAAAAY!!!

lindzi_11
1st September 2004, 05:17 PM
:niceone: :niceone: Congrats Kaja! :niceone: :niceone:

floralgypsy
1st September 2004, 05:19 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, KAJA!!!!!!!!! Next month will be my two-year anniversary! Time does fly...

BlueIce
1st September 2004, 05:58 PM
It's good to see you doing so well, it gives me the courage I need when I'm having a bad day. If you don't want to forget about your experience, write them down. I forgot lot's of things and it's only been two months.
Be sure to celebrate a lot!

jfkimberly
1st September 2004, 06:16 PM
Happy anniversary, Kaja!

I wanted very much to start this thread last night at midnight, as soon as it became September 1 (where I live, at least). But I waited for you to do it, because you said you had something to say. I'm glad I waited.

I hope you have a fantastic celebration tonight (we'll want a report!). Please let us know what's going on with you as soon as you feel comfortable sharing it. Meanwhile, congratulations!

:bounce: :party: :monkey: :party: :bounce:

Sarah
1st September 2004, 06:26 PM
Congrats :party: happy anniversary

Kayla
1st September 2004, 07:28 PM
oOo congrats!!! have your parents buy you a mic ;-)

tonibunny
1st September 2004, 07:47 PM
Congrats Kaja!!!!! You've done really well :D :party:

Kaja
1st September 2004, 08:23 PM
Thank you!! :D :squeeze:

I felt kind of depressed yesterday, Kimberly, and I don't know why. Now I'm just happy though! :D Yes, Leen, I might write things down. But it takes time!
Now I just got back, ate this huuuge chocolate-cake-piece with Ingrid. YUM! Got sweets and two CD's from my parents :D Am in a good mood now!

Oh and, I'm getting a mic for my birthday, when I have my laptop ;-) This one doesnt have a soundcard!

Blair
1st September 2004, 09:22 PM
Congratulations Kaja!

Joy
1st September 2004, 11:55 PM
Congrats Kaja!! I'm glad you're so happy!! You've done really well!! :party:

Jonny
2nd September 2004, 12:08 AM
Oooh... congrats - it must feel really good! Looking forward to mine too :-) :party:

Carly
2nd September 2004, 02:24 AM
Congrats!! glad you had such a good day and that you look back at the surgury with a positive attitude!

lindzi_11
2nd September 2004, 02:34 AM
Ur an inspiration 2 us all! lol :niceone:

BarmyArmy
2nd September 2004, 12:56 PM
Absolutely Lindzi, congratulations Kaja :jump: :jump:

Kaja
2nd September 2004, 09:53 PM
Woo! Happy happy :D

Jessica*
3rd September 2004, 02:40 PM
Happy Anniversary Kaja!
Soon you'll be able to Skype with everything - isn't that exciting? It's the next best thing to meeting with everyone.

andrea
3rd September 2004, 04:44 PM
Oops, late again. Haven't been around for a day or so and just catching up.

Congratulations Kaja - glad to hear you had a good day.

Kaja
3rd September 2004, 05:26 PM
Thankies :D Yeah, I can't wait to get a mic! Woohoo :joke: