PDA

View Full Version : SPINA BIFIDA OCCULTA

snowy24040
12th September 2007, 02:53 PM
I POSTED A QUESTION ABOUT COURTNEYS HAIRY BACK AND THANKS TO TONI WHO MENTIONED SPINA BIFIDA OCCULTA IVE LOOKED IT UP AND ITS WHAT COURTNEY HAS GOT WITHOUT A DOUBT.THE CYSTS IN THE SPINE THE SCOLIOSIS ALSO SHE OFTEN WETS HERSELF.I CANT BELIEVE AFTER ALL THE TESTS SHES HAD NO ONE PICKED IT UP.

THANK YOU TONI :hug:
DO YOU THINK I SHOULD SPEAK TO DOCTOR

X X SHARON X X

tonibunny
12th September 2007, 04:44 PM
I think you should be careful of diagnosing things yourself Sharon, but there's no harm in going to your doctor and saying "Someone mentioned to me that Courtney seems to have some symptoms that go with Spina Bifida, has this been mentioned anywhere in her notes already?".

There's a chance that Courtney has a different type of Spina Bifida (Meningocele) because of the cysts in the spine, but that shouldn't cause major problems as she's had the cysts removed now.

She definitely WON'T have the most serious form of Spina Bifida (myelomenigocele) because that has cysts that are inoperable. So you mustn't worry about that! It's this form that is associated with incontinence, so I doubt Courtney's weeing herself is because of this.

Hope this helps :hug:

Toni xx

sunshine
18th September 2007, 03:26 AM
Hello,

I found out that I had spinal bifida occulta at 26 years of age. I had no signs or symptoms, I had a bad fall and they took back x-rays as a percaution, and found a part of my spinal cord exposed in my lower back. I know every case is different, but I know with mine I still would not know if I didn't have those x-rays done, and thus far it does not bother me or effect me in anyway. But again every case if different.
I would ask a doctor for x-rays just to ease your mind.

Hope this helps!

snowy24040
18th September 2007, 08:31 PM
THANKS

IVE TAKEN COURTNEY TO GP,SHE WENT FOR HER X RAY THE OTHER EVENING SO WAITING FOR RESULTS. THE REASON IVE QUESTIONED IT IS BECAUSE WHEN I LOOKED UP THE SYMPTONS OF IT.THEY INCLUDED A HAIRY PATCH A FATTY LUMP A MOLE ALL WHICH COURTNEY HAS ALSO WE A LOT OF INCONTINENCE PROBLEMS I THOUGHT SHE WAS JUST LAZY BUT IF SHE HAS THIS THEN IT ALL MAKES SENCE .SCOLIOSIS OF CAUSE IS A SYMPTON ALSO HER MOBILITY SHE CANT SEEM TO WALK VERY FAR FOR A KID OF HER AGE.WE RECENTLY WENT TO ALTON TOWERS AND HER KNEES SWELLED UP SO SHE SPENT THE WEEKEND IN A PUSHCHAIR.I NO ITS NOT A NICE CONDITION TO HAVE BUT WHAT A RELIEF IF THEY FINALLY FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON INSTEAD OF BEING TOLD ALL THE TIME THESE DIFFERENT AILMENTS ARE NOTHING TO DO WITH HER SCOLIOSIS IM STARTING TO FEEL NEUROTIC .COURTNEYS GP IS FANTASTIC AND HE AGREES WITH ME SHE HAS A LOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS GOING ON AND THERE MUST BE SOMETHING AT THE BOTTOM OF IT.WILL LET YOU NO THE OUTCOME.

X X SHARON & COURTNEY X X

Amazed Jean
18th September 2007, 09:32 PM
Sharon and Courtney too. I'm sending some huge hugs for both of you. Because? I'm just proud of you! You are two people who I am truly humbled by. Your attitude and ability to deal with things is great!

GillyG
18th September 2007, 09:56 PM
:squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: