PDA

View Full Version : hospital appointment

snowy24040
23rd August 2007, 10:35 PM
HI EVERYONE

JUST TO LET YOU NO COURTNEYS BACK AT GOSH TOMORROW
TO SEE MR TUCKER.THE BRACE IS A NO GO AND WEVE ALL HAD A MISERABLE TIME SINCE SHE GOT IT,I NO CASTING IS A WORSE OPTION BUT GIVE HER SIX MONTHS IN THAT AND SHE MIGHT TAKE TO THE JACKET.

X X SHARON X X

tonibunny
23rd August 2007, 10:43 PM
I don't think casts are really worse than braces Sharon; it's all swings and roundabouts. I used to find casts a lot more comfy - the main downside was that I couldn't have a bath when I had a cast.

Courtney will certainly just learn to deal with the cast and I'm sure if she's eventually given the choice to continue in a cast or go into a brace, she'll be a lot happier with whatever she ends up wearing.

:squeeze:

Toni xx

pink_candy_swirl
23rd August 2007, 11:39 PM
I saw a little boy in a cast at my last appointment and he was running around and looked ever so happy. Don't worry. At least with a cast she'll adapt sooner and then be able to make her own mind up on what she continues to wear. I honestly think younger childrenare better off in casts. There is no taking it over. Plus you won't be tepted as a parent to 'let her free' for a while lol. Good luck though! Please update us all. I'm thinking of you both. x x x

Jonny
24th August 2007, 01:15 PM
Even when I was 15, wearing a brace was horrid to begin with and certainly got less horrid as time went on. (Another Mr Tucker special :-))

Certainly cast stories I've heard have been very promising and I hope that, if that's the way you go with Courtney, it works out nicely!

GillyG
24th August 2007, 04:55 PM
Good luck Sharon, I hope the little monkey is happier in a cast! :spin:

Little Ali
24th August 2007, 06:09 PM
Good luck! :squeeze:

ScoliJess
24th August 2007, 06:48 PM
How did it go today Sharon?

x

snowy24040
24th August 2007, 07:19 PM
HI

A CAST WILL BE FITTED IN THE NEXT EIGHT WEEKS,SHES GOT TO STAY IN OVER NIGHT THE FIRST TIME BUT AFTER THAT ITS STRAIGHT HOME.APARENTLY CHILDREN THIS YOUNG USUALLY HAVE A CAST FIRST THEN THEY GO ON TO HAVE A BRACE SO ANOTHER WASTE OF EVERYONES TIME :-x I DID TELL THEM WHEN THEY SAID ABOUT THE JACKET THERE WAS NO WAY SHE WOULD PUT UP WITH IT .SO ITS WAIT FOR APPOINTMENT TIME AGAIN.HOPE ITS SOONER THAN LATER AS STARTING SCHOOL IN TWO WEEKS "THANK GOD " :hammer:

X X SHARON X X

ScoliJess
24th August 2007, 08:45 PM
That's a bit irritating to hear that they usually try casts first and didn't, but hey, at least you managed to get it sorted in a way. 1 night isn't too long to have to stay in and hopefully the cast will do the job, and also make her realise that a brace is actually a lot better when they make the transition! Here's keeping my fingers crossed that the appoinment comes soon for you!

Jess