PDA

View Full Version : COURTNEYS BRACE BATTLE

snowy24040
10th August 2007, 12:04 AM
HI

THINGS STILL NOT GOOD WITH THE BRACE :-? HAVE SPOKE TO LISA FROM GOSH BRACE LADY AND SHE THINKS ITS BEST IF SHES PUT IN A CAST UNTIL SHES A BIT OLDER.WEVE HAD SCREAMING SHOUTING AND EVEN MAKING HER SELF SICK SO THE PLAN IS ONCE SHES BEEN IN THE CAST FOR A WHILE AND SHES A BIT OLDER SHE MIGHT APPRECIATE THE BRACE .

X X SHARON X X

newgirl
10th August 2007, 12:28 AM
Hi Sharon,
sorry to hear that the brace is not going so well, if it is any consolation we find the cast much easier to manage. It stays on all the time so there is no battle about when it comes off and how long it stays off. Niamh herslef always stated a preference for a cast rather than the brace, I think the cast feels less cold and hard than the brace.
Hope you get sorted out with dates soon.
Nicola

crkcallie
10th August 2007, 05:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear that the brace is not going well. I was in a bracing program for several years and it did not work out for me. Now my only other option for correcting my scoliosis is yoga.

michaelsmum
10th August 2007, 09:00 PM
Sorry to hear about ur daughter and her brace, my wee man was great at the start but the novelety has now wore off :woe: He has only been in it six weeks but once nappy changing time comes he bolts and doesnt want it back on. :-x
So we have loads of screaming but hes still a baby not 2 till November so it takes two to put it on, although once it on thats it!
My thoughts are with you though - hope casting isnt too tough on her - have no experience of this yet and not looking forward to it either!

andrea
14th August 2007, 01:44 PM
Sorry to hear it's still not going well Sharon. Erin took time to get used to the brace as well as I think it's quite tight. While many kids are happier in casts, I would rather have a brace for bathing/swimming/back rubbing reasons, and would rather she didn't have to have GAs every 3 months, so please bear these factors in mind when making the decision whether to stick with it or move to casting. Hope it's going a bit better now.

Andrea x

equinerider4life
5th September 2007, 01:07 AM
sorry the brace isnt working persoanly the brace is a hard thing. I personaly dont know casting i was in a brace for 2 years. If you stick with the brace it may be heartbreaking at times but remeber in the long run you are preventing the road of suergery {hopefully} I wish you luck and soryr i wasnt more help