PDA

View Full Version : Post-op pains

Jose Curvo
29th July 2007, 10:19 PM
Hey everyone,

It's been almost 3 months since my Spinal Fusion Surgery, and I've recently been experiencing body aches. Earlier this week I started to wake up and my feet and legs would have an achy pain which would later spread up my entire body. Since the surgery I hadn't felt this kind of pain at all, even when coming off the pain meds. So I don't know if maybe this is just because of the healing thats taking place or what, I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before.

GillyG
30th July 2007, 04:44 PM
Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems. Can't really help, except to say that I'm still taking a small amount of pain medication 11 months post-op! I still get very achey after I've been on my feet a while, or busy at work, but I must admit, I put that down mainly to my age!

Hope someone else can be more helpful,

Gilly xx

zerodegrees
2nd August 2007, 01:00 PM
hi jose

I had my surgery in oct 2005. I had pains similar to yours for a long time. they would appear when I least expected them. the surgery you have undergone takes its toll on your body and takes a while to get over. fortunately for me they pain has dramatically reduced following lots of physio & swimming but if you're not sure of anything check it out with your doctor or surgeon.

cheers

john

Little Ali
2nd August 2007, 08:13 PM
Sorry to hear you're in pain!