PDA

View Full Version : Spinecore

michaelsmum
29th July 2007, 10:44 PM
Was wanting to know peoples views on Spinecore? There is a new scoliosis clinic opened in belfast practising this method. There site shows a short video comparing this method which is straps around the spine compared to a hard rigid brace. Has anyone been offered this method? Or tried it?

sins
29th July 2007, 11:03 PM
Yes, Sealy and Gerbo both have children using the spine cor.If you check out the non surgical forum, you can read about their experiences there.Also they both post on the US based board www.scoliosis.org where there's extensive infprmation about the brace.
We have no information regarding the spinecor clinic in belfast only that we are aware that it has opened.
Sins

RugbyLaura
30th July 2007, 08:17 PM
Hi Michealsmum,

My daughter also wears the Spinecor brace. To my knowledge, it's not available for very young children. The youngest I know of is 6, but there may well be younger ones out there.

You could send an email to Spinecor in Montreal, they're very good at answering any questions you might have, or you could contact Mr Mills at Healthcare UK. If you can't find the email addresses/telephone numbers let me know & I'll find them for you.

I don't know if you've looked into casting, but this seems to be popular and successful in younger children.

Good luck.

Laura