PDA

View Full Version : Boston brace T-shirt

stana29
3rd July 2007, 10:43 PM
Hi,
Could you please tell me where do I get the special T-shirt or vest that goes under the Boston brace jacket. I have seen the link somewhere but I can't seem to find it.
Thank you very much,
Stana

sins
4th July 2007, 12:09 PM
Hi Stana,
The vests are imported to Uk by this company.
http://www.gilbert-mellish.co.uk
Hopefully if you contact them they may be able to help.
Sins

newgirl
4th July 2007, 12:31 PM
Stana,
If you don't get the special ones in time, use a well fitting 100% cotton vest turned inside out so the seams don't dig in. It works very well.

RugbyLaura
4th July 2007, 12:49 PM
Hi Stana,

I have searched for special boston t-shirts in this country but not found any. I rang Gilbert-Mellish (0121 475 1101) who import & sell vests for wearing under braces and have ordered one for Immy. They said it should come quickly as "it's a stock item". The vest I have ordered costs 21.62 (it's not cheap having scoliosis!) but postage is free. Oddly, if you order 4 or more at a time you have to pay 4 postage!

Laura

stana29
4th July 2007, 03:57 PM
Hi guys,
Thank you for that, I must order some. They gave us one at the hospital and it's stretchy and long. Jessie likes it as she can roll it back over the brace and than put her nickers on it. It was her first time wearing the brace at school today. I stayed with her at school for couple of hours to see how she does and she was so good. She showed her children the picture of tweety pie she has on it.
And I agree, It's not cheap having a child with scoliosis and on the top of it with cancer. I have been off work for 19 month now since Jessie's diagnoses but I am planning to return in September. I can't wait!
Take care,
Stana

Nicki
5th July 2007, 01:36 AM
Hi Stana

Just to let you know when you order the vest from Gilbert and Mellish ask for a VAT expemption certificate. This means you will not pay VAT on the vest as Jessie is a child.

Nicki

RugbyLaura
5th July 2007, 08:26 AM
How annoying - I assume I have paid VAT on Immy's, even though I said it was for my daughter and ordered the smallest size they have!

stana29
5th July 2007, 03:18 PM
Hi there,

I found another website where I believe you can order The Boston T-shirt.

http://www.bbehealthcare.com/products.shtml

We went to the hospital today and they gave us two more. They are the Boston T-shirts and they are great. I don't need to order them anymore and that way I saved a fortune!!!

Thank you for your help,

Stana

stana29
5th July 2007, 03:27 PM
Sorry, gave you the wrong link.
Here is the correct one http://www.bostonbrace.com/boston_t.html

MaireadB
22nd August 2007, 02:55 PM
I get the Boston T for my duaghter from Trulife in Sheffield tel 01142 618100 - I was given the contact number by our Orthotist. I just ordered 4 today which will be delivered tomorrow for 63. This does include VAT (& delivery) - I didn't realise we could ask to have the VAT exempted but will remember next time. They are 12.25 exc VAT

Jonny
24th August 2007, 02:26 PM
I don't know about the Boston T, but I have two Knit-Rite Torso Interfaces imported by Gilbert and Mellish from over four years ago. I'd donate them, but they're a biological hazard I think!

I thoroughly recommend them - they reduce abrasions and absorb sweat much better than cotton vests, and if you run for a bus in the sun wearing them under a brace under a school uniform carrying a bag, sports kit and violin, you end up ever so slightly damp and not sopping wet :-P

I would recommend getting as many as are affordable - I got two which lasted me 23 hours a day for 14 months, and were starting to wear thin. I think one vest will last about the equivalent of wearing it for 6 months full-time.

Remember to pull it down over your hips - they need protecting more than any other bit, I reckon.