PDA

View Full Version : GOSH VISIT

snowy24040
2nd July 2007, 06:46 PM
HI EVERYONE

TOOK COURTNEY TO GOSH FOR HER APPOINTMENT WITH MR TUCKER RE HER CAST.WHAT I SAT AND LISTENED TO I COULD NOT BELIEVE.APARENTLY BECAUSE COURTNEYS CURVE IS LOW DOWN IN HER SPINE SHE WILL NEVER NEED GROWTH ROD SURGERY :-) :-) .I THANK CHRIST THAT PRAT MR LUCAS MESSED US ABOUT OTHERWISE SHE WOULD HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL THAT FOR NOTHING.SHE IS GOING TO HAVE AN OPERATION THROUGH HER SIDE TO REMOVE DISCS FROM HER SPINE WHERE THE CURVE IS AND THEY WILL BE REPLACED WITH A METAL ROD WHICH STAYS IN FOR LIFE AND THAT WILL BE THAT.HE HAS ALSO DECIDED TO HAVE COURTNEY PUT IN A BRACE INSTEAD OF A CAST.THE PLAN IS IF IT HOLDS THE CURVE HE WILL DO THE OPERATION WHEN SHE IS EIGHT BUT WHEN WE SEE HIM IN JANUARY IF ITS GETTING WORSE HE WILL DO IT NEXT YEAR.

AT THE END OF THE COSULTATION HE GAVE ME A PRESCRIPTION FOR HER CAST AND SENT US TO THE CAST ROOM.WELL COURTNEY WAS HORRIFIED THE CAST TABLE LOOKED LIKE SOMETHING OUT OF A HORROR MOVIE IT WAS A LONG BED WITH A STRIP OF METAL DOWN THE MIDDLE WHICH ME AND MY OLDER DAUGHTER HAD TO HOLD HER ON AS HIS ASSISTANT WAS IN THEATRE.THE CAST MAN WAS EVER SO GOOD AND SOON PUT HER AT EASE.SHE HAS PICKED PINK BUTTERFLYS FOR HER JACKET WHICH WE GO TO GET ON JULY 24TH.SO IF IVE LEARNT ANYTHING FROM ALL OF THIS ITS TO TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS AND IF YOU FEEL SOMETHING ISNT RIGHT QUESTION IT I NEVER LIKED THAT MR XXXX AND IF I BUMP INTO HIM I MAY HAVE TO SLAP HIM.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE X X COURTNEY + SHARON X X

RugbyLaura
2nd July 2007, 07:21 PM
What a result!! We're so pleased for you & Courtney.

Laura & Immy (give him a slap from us too!!)

stana29
2nd July 2007, 07:24 PM
Hi there,
I am glad to hear that your appointment went well today. It's good new and you have done well to go for a second opinion. Could you please tell me what did you have to do to get a second opinion? Can you do self-refferal or do you have to ask the present orthopeadic to write the refferal.
Thank you,
Stana

PS: You are right, the plaster tables look terrible, we were there last friday to collect Jessie's brace (she has got a tweety pie on it). The orthotics Lisa and the guy Mr. Sonnenbus or I can't remember his name properly are very nice.

snowy24040
2nd July 2007, 08:09 PM
HI STANA
I WENT TO MY GP,ITS BEST IF YOU NO WHO YOU WANT TO BE REFERED TO AND WHAT HOSPITAL.AS FAR AS I NO YOU CANT GET YOUR SELF REFERED.THE RNOH STANMORE SEEMS TO BE THE BEST PLACE TO GO MR TUCKER WHO COURTNEY IS NOW UNDER ALSO WORKS AT THE STANMORE HE IS REALLY NICE.

X SHARON X

GillyG
2nd July 2007, 11:02 PM
Sharon, I'm so pleased to hear things are finally going well for Courtney - not before time! It sounds like you're in good hands now anyway. :D

All the best. :squeeze:

Gilly xx

Rachie
3rd July 2007, 10:15 AM
I am so pleased you got your second opinion. We also had Maddy's second opinion at GOSH and we felt such a relief that we were finally in safe hands. Mr Noordeen, who is part of the same team as Mr Tucker, didn't agree totally with what our consultant at the Evelina said, although she will be having growth rod surgery in the next few weeks.

You must feel so much better. Thank God.

Rachie x

andrea
3rd July 2007, 12:28 PM
Glad to hear things have finally worked out Sharon. I'm not sure i've had the pleasure of meeting Mr Tucker before, but all the consultants I've come across at Stanmore have been excellent, so i'm sure he'll do just fine.

Andrea