PDA

View Full Version : Beginning Physical Therapy

crookedmomma
27th June 2007, 06:41 AM
I suppose I'll be using this forum for awhile! I'm new here. I'm starting therapy next week. Anyone know the stats on a recurring curve after physical therapy? Must we do physical therapy for the rest of our lives? :woe:

gerbo
28th June 2007, 09:12 PM
physical therapy is a very general term. What kind of therapy are you exactly going to get??

Little Ali
29th June 2007, 06:54 PM
It usually helps me with reducing my pain levels.

Cold_Snowden
3rd July 2007, 05:04 AM
Yes the exercises that I did and well... try to still do now that I'm out of it certainly reduce the level of pain. If I wake up with it real bad in the mornings I do them and it generally feels better. Of course it depends what kind yours is, as mentioned, general term.

I told the guy from the beginning I didn't expect to be able to change the curve, I still wonder if he would have had something different to do otherwise. It's not like I didn't believe it couldn't be done, at that time I just didn't want to disapoint myself, but who knows.

equinerider4life
5th September 2007, 12:54 AM
reducing pain and strenghting should do good but nothing is certain everybody is differnt and differnt fourms work. Try it but keep an eye on it to make sure you dont get worse. I personaly go to physical therpy for my knees. I stopped becuase my perscription ran out and we are short on money. My knees were feeling strong but they ahvae been buckling and hurting now but the physical therpy helped.

coxalert
6th September 2007, 03:18 AM
what kind of exercises do you do to help with pain.....i've been doing yoga all year and it's helped a lot

Kentanner11
23rd December 2007, 09:56 PM
It definitely does help with pain~! It has helped me build up my "core" so it relieves pressure off my back. I should be doing the exercises at home but.......

jamielynn
1st January 2008, 09:31 PM
I enjoy doing pilates they help my back so that I'm not stiff. :niceone:

Little Ali
2nd January 2008, 12:40 PM
I haven't been given exercises to do (possibly cos I have Spina Bifida so stretching and core exercises aren't really an option) but I have manipulation of my neck and shoulders and deep tissue massage of my upper back and shoulders.

I've just been referred for physio on the NHS for a problem I'm having with pins and needless/numbness and burning I'm having in my arm and hand. The dr diagnosed it as tennis elbow but the usual physio I see has said that it's scoliosis related from the tight muscles and the position I sit in which is trapping the nerves.

I'll let you know how I get on