PDA

View Full Version : We went swimming

newgirl
22nd June 2007, 02:35 PM
Hi,
Just wanted to let you all know that this morning we tested Niamh's waterproof cast to the limit and braved the swimming pool. Niamh had a ball splashing around for about half an hour, submerged up to her armpits for most of it :D :D
The cast held up really well, the only issue was that it takes a long time for the water to drain down the inside of the cast after a good soaking so her clothes were drenched again by the time we got home, but sure that is no big deal.
The poor thing is exhausted after all the exersion and is fast asleep on the couch

Nicola

GillyG
22nd June 2007, 02:50 PM
Aww, bless!! :angel:

I'm pleased to hear the cast lived up to expectations, sounds like you'll be having a fun summer!! 8)

Gilly xx

ScoliJess
22nd June 2007, 03:28 PM
Sounds like lots of fun!!

Thats really great news that the cast lived up to expectations, will be great for summertime!

Jess
x

andrea
25th June 2007, 10:40 PM
Glad you had a great time. Swimming's good for tiring children out! Shame there's no summer to make the most of it...!

pink_candy_swirl
25th June 2007, 11:41 PM
Aww that's good then. I cvouldn't leave the house in the rain with my post op cast. The slight bit of water and it would turn to floppy foam again. I suppose It didn't bother me though, with me being early post op lol.
Sounds like she had a GREAT time! It's good to know the cast does what it says on the tin lol. It should be great fun like Jess says, with summer coming up1 :-)

Thaleias spirit
25th June 2007, 11:55 PM
Nicola, am absolutely thrilled for you both! Especially for Niamh I can just imagine how excited and happy she was! She will nearly want to go everyday now after that. Having wet clothes for a while afterwards is asmall price to pay for the extra freedom she has with this new brace.. but then again she was so cool about her brace anyways. Give her a big hug from me and I will try catch up with ye again soon!!

chele

Amazed Jean
26th June 2007, 12:02 AM
Nicola, So who was the happiest? Mom or daughter? I'll bet it was a tie. I am thrilled to hear the waterproof was a success. Niamh deserves a little glee in her life! Give a nice squooshy hug for me!