PDA

View Full Version : Lucy's powerful sneeze!!!!!

Nicki
21st June 2007, 12:11 AM
Hi all,

Thought I would share this funny conversation I had with Lucy today:

"Mum, I broke my brace today"

"How did you do that?" I enquired

"I sneezed Mum and heard a funny noise, Ryan thought I had 'blown off' and started laughing, but I hadnt Mum I sneezed so hard I broke the buckle on my brace here look these are the pieces" (proudly produces broken buckle in 2 pieces)

At which point we both collapsed laughing :rofl:

Kids, dont you just love them?!!! :niceone:

Nicki x

Amazed Jean
21st June 2007, 03:29 AM
They certainly put it all in perspective don't they? We should all laugh more at our "broken buckles".

RugbyLaura
21st June 2007, 10:31 AM
He he he. Isn't it wonderful how Scoliosis opens up a whole new world of fun? I feel quite sorry for ordinary people, missing out on so much!

Does this mean Lucy's brace free until the new one comes, or have you been able to fix it?

Laura X

titch
21st June 2007, 11:19 AM
:glee: that has totally cracked me up! Hope you can get it fixed nice and soon though.

GillyG
21st June 2007, 06:29 PM
Bless her - what a little star!! :spin:

Nicki
21st June 2007, 08:54 PM
Hi all,

Unfortunately Lucy has not been brace free, she finds that if it is off for too long her back starts to ache. So Glenn held the brace in place while I pulled and tried to tie a knot!!

I phoned the orthotics department today to be told that her new brace is ready but I cant have an appointment to collect it until 11 July!!! I explained that she cant wear the broken one properly and cant not wear one because it hurts her back. Anyway the man I spoke to was really understanding and spoke to Jo (Lucy's orthotist) and she is going this coming Tuesday to collect the new one. :niceone:

I will try and post a picture of Lucy in the new one when she gets it.

Nicki

RosieRich
21st June 2007, 10:03 PM
Hi Nicki
That must have been some sneeze! It made Megan and me laugh. I'm glad you got an earlier appointment though. Having to wait until the 11th wouldn't have been a laughing matter.
Good luck on Tuesday
Sam

jennie
21st June 2007, 10:08 PM
hi emily here,

Someone should make a guide of 100 ways to break your brace. :bump:
I've got hayfever so maybe i could try blowing my brace off:) lol

crkcallie
22nd June 2007, 04:51 AM
That is pretty funny. I wish I could have done that with my brace. I have never heard of that happening before with scoliosis braces or any other kind of medical device.

ScoliJess
22nd June 2007, 02:31 PM
Hehe!! That made me giggle, Lucy's power-sneeze!!

Good news that you've managed to bring the appointment forward too!

Jess