View Full Version : UP DATE ON COURTNEYS TREATMENT
31st May 2007, 12:25 AM
NOT A LOT HAPPENING SINCE LAST POST,COURTNEY HAS BEEN REFERED TO GREAT ORMOND STREET HER NEW SURGEON IS MR STUART TUCKER.MR LUCAS REFERED COURTNEY AT THE BEGGING OF THE MONTH AS A MATTER OF URGENCY THEY CANT FIT HER IN FOR A CONSULTATION UNTIL THE 24TH OF JULY SO GOD KNOWS HOW LONG SHE WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR CAST.THE WHOLE PROCESS IS REALLY GETTING ME DOWN AS WE DONT SEEM TO BE GETTING ANYWHERE .IVE SCREAMED AND SHOUTED AT EVERYONE BUT ITS NOT GETTING ME ANYWHERE SO ILL JUST HAVE TO SIT BACK AND TAKE IT ALL AS IT COMES .MY FAITH IN THE NHS IS FAILING DAILY.WELL ENOUGH OF THE DEPRESSING STUFF .COURTNEY HAS GOT HER FIRST AFTERNOON AT BIG SCHOOL SOON SO WEVE SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO .
XX LOVE COURTNEY & SHARON XX
31st May 2007, 12:54 AM
How incredibly frustrating :nut:
There's nothing I can think to say to make you feel any better, except that we are all here for you. Battling with the red tape of the NHS is nigh on impossible, it makes you wonder if they've forgotten there's a patient at the end of it all, doesn't it?
Perhaps you could try badgering them for an earlier appointment, maybe ask for first consideration if there is a cancellation?
Sending some special hugs for Courtney, wish her good luck at big school from me!
:squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze:
31st May 2007, 10:03 AM
I am so sorry that this whole experience is being so frustrating for you. While dealing with scoliosis is not exactly a relaxing experience, especially for mums of little ones, it seems to be unecessarily stressful for you and Courtney.
Stewart Tucker is a consultant at RNOH too - is there a chance you could get an earlier appointment with him there? I know i've said it before, but Erin was seen and treated within 2 weeks of the consultant at RNOH reading her referral. They do seem to take it more seriously than other hospitals i've experienced (I don't necessarily mean GOSH, as I haven't had any dealings with them). It might be worth a call to his secretary there.
I hope Courtney's school experience goes well. Wish her luck from us.
Hang in there :squeeze:
31st May 2007, 10:18 AM
Definately a good idea to ask to be on the list to call for a cancellation. Strange things do happen on the NHS, so keep making noise. Immy has got her casting appointment for tomorrow with 3 days notice. Very odd as the orthotics dept told me over a month ago that they were making appointments for mid June then and that Immy wasn't on their list yet.
I hope Coutney has a wonderful day at big school. It's a shame that this whole thing casts a shadow on what should be such a happy time.
31st May 2007, 10:20 AM
Whoops have posted same message twice again!!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.