PDA

View Full Version : wetsuits and summer

jennie
29th May 2007, 10:28 PM
Hi! Has anyone used a brace with a wetsuit? our consultant suggested we use an old brace for the time spent in the sea, Emily is very thin , gets cold very quickly and can't warm up..but loves skim boarding. Last year we just took the brace off, but she can't stand without it on anymore.

tonibunny
29th May 2007, 10:45 PM
Goodness me, poor Emily! I am really sorry to hear that she can't stand without her brace, that's really quite shocking. I'm so glad that she's in good hands and will be having surgery soon :squeeze:

I'm afraid I can't help much as I've never heard of anyone using a wetsuit with a brace, but I don't see why it couldn't be done, so long as it fits over the brace. Wetsuit material is quite tough isn't it - hopefully it wouldn't get torn by the brace. Good luck, I hope it works so Emily can get to do the skim boarding that she enjoys so much :-)

Mike
30th May 2007, 02:28 PM
Big Sis, Is the skim board that round bit of plywood in your caravan? The thing I jumped on, fell off of, twisted my back and spent 2 days in bed recovering from? And you let Em loose on it? what kind of mother....etc etc. Is she still skateboarding too? :-)

Mike
30th May 2007, 07:01 PM
Only sensible and informative posts from now on, like the one on thoracic anaesthesia.

Dont stop Emily doing what she does, which is a lot more than I can manage in my knee-capped state. Good on her.