PDA

View Full Version : Brace patterns

RugbyLaura
16th May 2007, 08:38 PM
Hi,

Immy here. I'm still not activated.

I've got to have a brace and am trying to think of a really good design to decorate it. Can anyone tell me of any cool/wacky designs they have seen or had. Thanks. Immy.

ps my dad suggested an xray! lol!

titch
16th May 2007, 08:56 PM
Sorry about that! There's 2 places it has to be altered, and I'd forgotten one of them, so my apologies. Hopefully it should work now!

ImmyUK
16th May 2007, 09:30 PM
Hi,

Immy here again. I am activated!!

Any brace ideas anyone?

Immy XXX

tonibunny
16th May 2007, 09:51 PM
Braces weren't patterned back when I had them, which was a shame. You only got nasty surgical pink!

I've seen some great designs though....demin patterned, and stars and stripes. I know that at Stanmore at least, they have a book of patterns so you get to choose which you'd like :-)

jennie
16th May 2007, 10:14 PM
Hi,
My daughter Emily has had 3 braces so far, 1 was blue camoflage, 1 green camo, and the current one has stars on. like the night sky. Tikki the wonderful brace man, in Lewes ,has a book of great designs,I will try and post a photo tomorrow.
jennie

ImmyUK
17th May 2007, 08:29 AM
Hi Jennie,

Thanks for the idea of a photo! I also like the sound of the blue Camo!

Immy xxx

P.S. I would like to use smilies, but I don't know how to!

nutmeg
17th May 2007, 09:49 AM
Hi Immy

:welcome2:

Just underneath the box where you type your reply there is a link "Show Smilies Pop Up Window" If you click on that all the smilies are displayed, and you just click on the one you want to put in your message. It won't look like a smily until you actually post the message.

Meg

RosieRich
17th May 2007, 02:24 PM
Hi Immy
My daughter has multi-coloured swirly pattern. She's on her 4th brace now and has chosen the same pattern each time!
Sam

andrea
17th May 2007, 03:42 PM
Hi Immy

My daughter has only had one brace and she had pink bunnies on it - there's a photo in the gallery. I'm guessing you'd be too old for something like that though :D Erin was only 2 at the time!

We were given a big book of designs to choose from - a bit like choosing fabric for a sofa. The denim jeans one is really popular. I see lots of people wearing that one.

Have fun choosing when the time comes
Andrea

titch
17th May 2007, 04:02 PM
The lady in the bed next to me when I had my revision surgery chose a Gateway like black and white cow print which looked pretty good :D

shortgirl
17th May 2007, 08:49 PM
No fair, I had many braces and they were all plain white and ugly. If mine had been decorated I might have wanted to wear it more often! :)

newgirl
17th May 2007, 10:03 PM
Niamh had 2 casts the first one had butterflies on it and the second one she claimed had ballerinas but it was actually girls wearing belly tops. Apparantly they are the google girls or something. :-o Niamh is only 3 and her Dad helped her pick it out!! She had picked out a tellytubby one for the next one but we got a cast instead.

We were given a book of patterns to choose from and some of them are quite cool so I hope you fond something you like
N

RugbyLaura
1st June 2007, 07:57 PM
Hi all & thanks for your ideas. Just to say that Immy chose white with transfers of Bugs Bunny on. There wasn't much choice but she's happy. It had been pointed out to us that anything with a strong colour or pattern would show through light coloured clothes.