PDA

View Full Version : Lordosis

ScoliJess
14th May 2007, 10:45 AM
I recently got a copy of my medical notes for the past 10 years from the hospital and was very confsued to read in the initial x-ray report from when I was very first referred.

It says about my scoliosis but also says 'profound lordosis'. I have never had lordosis mentioned to me! Would it be that when they corrected my scoliosis they corrected the lordosis too?

Jess

titch
14th May 2007, 01:25 PM
It's not uncommon to have excess or occasionally a lack of lordosis in combination with a curve, especially if that curve is lumbar. They don't often mention it though as it's generally only a problem if it's causing a lack of balance in the spine, or in the case of someone requiring surgery if it's going to cause problems creating/maintaining balance when doing the surgery.

It could well be worth asking your doc about next time you see him though. If I remember rightly you've got spondylolisthesis? If I'm not misremembering, and you're curious, it could be well worth asking about it and how it links in with that. In any case, I'd expect that when they corrected the scoliosis curve, they also balanced the lordosis and kyphosis :-)

ScoliJess
14th May 2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks Titch! I think I may ask him on my next visit! x