PDA

View Full Version : armed and ready


snowy24040
13th May 2007, 07:54 PM
HI EVERYONE

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE IVE SPENT THE WHOLE DAY PRINTING OUT EVERYTHING I COULD FIND ON SCOLIOSIS,IVE RUN ALL MY DADS INK OUT.IVE FOUND THE TRANSFER NO FOR STANMORE BUT BY THE LOOKS OF IT ITS A LONG WAITING LIST.SO DEPENDING WHAT HAPPENS TOMORROW I MAY BE NEEDING IT.


XX WATCH THIS SPACE ILL BE BACK TOMMORROW X X



SHARON

kidz taxi
13th May 2007, 08:40 PM
Hi just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow.

GillyG
13th May 2007, 08:50 PM
Good luck, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow while I'm being tortured by my physio!!

Amazed Jean
14th May 2007, 02:48 AM
Good luck!

ScoliJess
14th May 2007, 11:46 AM
Good luck!!

snowy24040
14th May 2007, 06:31 PM
HI EVRYONE

ALL NEW XRAYS TAKEN WHEN WE GOT THERE BENDING THIS WAY AND THAT ONE WE HAD TO STRETCH HER WHICH COURTNEY WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH.MR LUCAS SHOWED AN HOUR AND HALF LATE WHAT A SURPRISE .THE FIRST THING HE DID WAS PUT HIS HANDS IN THE AIR AND SAID HE WAS SORRY FOR HIS MISTAKES ,AND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER SAT ME DOWN WITH ALL THE XRAYS ETC AND WENT THROUGH THEM IN GREAT DETAIL.THE REASON THWY WANT TO DELAY SURGERY IS THAT FOR TEN YEARS SHE HAS TO BE OPENED UP TWICE A YEAR .THE RISK OF INFECTION IS VERY HIGH AND HE REKONS SHE WILL HAVE AT LEAST FOUR INFECTIONS WHICH WILL MAKE HER VERY POORLY.IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER .ANY WAY TO REDUCE THE RISKS HE REKONS IF WE WAIT A YEAR THAT WILL BE TWO GROWTH ROD LENGTHENINGS SHE WONT HAVE TO HAVE.I UNDERSTAND WHERE HE COMING FROM BUT I STILL HATE HIM.SO COURTNEY WILL BE HAVING A PLASTER CAST PUT ON AT GREAT ORMAND STREET URGENTLY ,WE SHALL SEE .SO ANY ONE WHO CAN HELP ME OUT WITH ONE WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL.TOM IM GOING TO DOCTORS TO BE REFERED TO ANOTHER SURGEON I CAN NOT AND WILL NOT LET THAT MAN NEAR HER AGAIN .
ANY WAY THATS MY NEWS HOPE YOU ALL WELL SPEAK TO YOU SOON


X X SHARON & COURTNEY X X

Amazed Jean
15th May 2007, 12:05 AM
Sharon - The mama lion never sleeps does she! Go get em!

andrea
15th May 2007, 01:17 PM
Hi Sharon

At least you got some answers yesterday, as frustrating as they are. I still don't understand why he has postponed the surgery based on the number of infections he thinks she will get (how he knows this I don't know). He knew the risk of infection when he advised she have the surgery.

Anyway, you clearly need to find a new surgeon as you distrust this one and you can't afford to have any doubts in this situation. Some GPs refer to specific hospitals, so you may have some difficulty being referred to another hospital, but i don't know enough about that to advise you more. Your GP should be able to help.

Let us know how your appointment goes.
Andrea
x

titch
15th May 2007, 01:26 PM
As he has referred her to Great Ormond Street for the casting, does that mean that he has referred her to a consultant there? If so it's definitely worth trying to get a non-casting appointment with that consultant (whether before or after the casting) to discuss things and see how they would approach things if you handed over her care entirely to them. We had a member here who had very successful surgery (admittedly not growth rod surgery as she was 12) done at Great Ormond Street after being messed around by her original consultant.

I definitely agree that with the fact you're unlikely to ever trust him again, you need to find a new doctor for Courtney. If she is now referred to an actual consultant at GOSH though, because the referral has been made by a consultant, it doesn't matter whether your GP can refer her there or not as my understanding of things is that consultants are allowed to refer anywhere within the country unlike GPs.