PDA

View Full Version : courtneys op

snowy24040
27th April 2007, 02:04 PM
<span style='font-family:Optima'><span style='font-family:Arial'>HI EVERYONE RANG HOSPITAL YESTURDAY AS THEY HADENT RANG ME AS PROMISED NOTHING NEW THERE.TURNS OUT COURTNEY WASENT EVEN ON SURGERY LIST APARENTLY DOCTOR LUCAS SECRETARY HAD FILED HER NOTES WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING AT THEM SO IVE BEEN WAITING AND THE APPOINTMENT WAS NEVER COMING.THE ADMISSIONS WOMAN SEEMS TO HAVE HER HEAD SCREWED ON AND WAS VERY HELPFUL AT THE END OF OUR CONVERSATION SHE STILL COULDNT GIVE ME AN ANSWER AND SAID SHES RING ME NEXT MONDAY. I THOUGHT HERE WE GO AGAIN SO I ASKED TO ARRANGE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A DIFFERENT SURGEON I RANG MY GP FOR APPOINTMENT TODAY TO GET THE BALL ROLLING ,THEN AT 9AM THE PHONE RINGS COURTNEYS APPOINTMENT FOR OPERATION IS ON THE 4TH JUNE . :clap: THE ONLY DRAW BACK IS HER FIRST SURGERY TO HAVE THE CAST REMOVED AND HER RODS LENGTHENED IS 18TH DECEMBER A BIT TO CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS BUT THEY GONNA DO ALL THEY CAN TO GET HER HOME FOR XMAS.HAS ANYONE STAYED IN A RONALD McDONALD HOUSE? HOW DO YOU BOOK ETC </span></span>

SPEAK TO YOU ALL SOON

SHARON AND COURTNEY

andrea
28th April 2007, 08:36 AM
Hi Courtney

Glad to hear you finally have a date, even though it sounds like it was a bit of a struggle. That's not long at all to wait. I've never stayed in a RMH so don't know how it works, but their website might be of use to you - http://www.rmhc.org.uk/

The subsequent lengthening surgeries, from what i have seen, are minor ones, so she should be home for Christmas.

Best of luck. Let us know if we can help with anything.

Andrea
x

Rachie
28th April 2007, 10:32 PM
That's great news that you have a date.

From what I have been told, they are only in hospital for the day when they have lengthenings and then a week off school. So I'm guessing she'll be fine by Christmas.

Rachie x