PDA

View Full Version : anyone try not wearing anything under brace?

angelsfan
13th August 2004, 04:46 AM
it's been so hot here and i always soaked. i wear knite rite undergarments under my brace and constanty having to change because they become soaked. I've seen pictures on various websites with people not wearing anything under their braces? i've thought about it but it would probably be hard on the skin.

Kayla
13th August 2004, 07:07 AM
It would be worse! Trust me on this one! It will get all sweaty inside your brace and then develop a rash of some sort and become itchy. ick

tonibunny
13th August 2004, 11:05 AM
Oh god no, I never once wore my Milwaukee without anything underneath it in 8 years of wearing the thing!!! It makes you sweat more, and your skin sticks and chafes and goes red and blisters.....ughhhh. I'm so sorry that you are uncomfortable in the heat though - obviously it would have been easier for me cos I live in the UK!!

BlueIce
13th August 2004, 12:19 PM
if it's getting too hot for you, hold your wrists or feet in cold water. It usually cools me down a bit

Lieve
13th August 2004, 01:25 PM
I have never worn a brace so I cannot speak through own experiences. :oops:

Someone has tried ODLO sports underwear? I use a LIGHT t-shirt during intensive training even in hot weather but as I already said I have no brace and maybe it's not usefull at all because these underwear is not seamless. But it is very light and specially produced to regulate the body's temperature and minimalise sweating. I tried other brands such as Craft too but I like ODLO the most.

Website Odlo (http://www.odlo.com/custom/product/index.php3?div=3&seg=1)

lindzi_11
13th August 2004, 04:49 PM
LoL i don't wear my brace when I go outside or when I go out somewhere. I only where it when i'm at home inside, I wear it more on a rainy day. :P

Carly
17th August 2004, 05:07 AM
I always wore something undr my brace excpet when I wanted to make funny noises :-D Good Luck with the heat!

Jonny
17th August 2004, 03:22 PM
I also wear a Knit-Rite liner under my brace, and it's a hundred times better than a cotton t-shirt for keeping dry. 'Fraid I don't think there's anything better you can put on, really. Don't know if this helps, but in the height of (British) summer last year what I'd do at night was fold the bottom of the liner back over the front of the brace, and soak that bit in water. As it evaporated, it kept everything a little cooler.